Vehicle Failings

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:06
ThreadID: 7538 Views:1441 Replies:7 FollowUps:13
This Thread has been Archived
A new boy on the block but find the forum very interesting reading.
One thing that has become apparent is that all make and model of vehicles seem to have their share of problems ... nothwithstanding the bleatings of an indeterminant bunch of yobbos who seem firmly convinced anyone who owns any sort of vehicle in anyway different from theirs acomplete and utter dunce.

Nought but the musings of an interested observer.Rosco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:14

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:14
Every vehicle has problems, it only becomes a real problem if the manufacturer refuses to recognise them. Life would be very boring if every vehicle was the same , though starlin and his like would love it.. Ahh must go now - confusis and i are heading to the pub.. Seriously - welcome ross, i'm sur you will love it here. BradLife is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 32519

Follow Up By: uppy - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:12

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:12
Welcome Rusco.Im a new visitor to Aust ,and ive found this forum invalualbe and interesting at times ,They are a good crowd and they have a laugh along the way . we live in leeton nsw .
Regards uppy
FollowupID: 23245

Reply By: Willie - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:34

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:34
G'day Ross,

Seems to me that you have put yourself in the same position as those who you wish to denigrade. This forum can become quite lively at times but on the whole we treat each other with some respect even if some of us would debate that from time to time. There is a lot of good information floating around here and it is given freely by the forum users.

So welcome to the forum and and be kind to us and we hope you learn something of value as we go along the IT way.

Cheers,

Willie
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 32522

Follow Up By: Member - Ross- Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:43

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 18:43
Gerday gerday Willie

Not at all ... I do believe you are being a tad harsh. Not my intention to denigrate anyone ... after all who am I to throw the first stone??

Merely find some of the debate a whisker more than lively ... perhaps morewhat you would expect from the Canberra lads and lassies.

I look forward to both my involvement and hopefully learning a few extra tricks to toss in my bag which seems to have a hole somewhere as there always seems to be room for more.

And may thanks for the welcome.Rosco
FollowupID: 23241

Follow Up By: Julian - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 19:14

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 19:14
Well said Ross. I agree that Willie misunderstood you and his reply was a bit harsh. This place is great here. I have had a heap of great info from the other users. Just be careful of Spanky, Member Bob and Scotty. They stir the pot a bit and get a few offside. I actually reckon they are serial $hit stirrers who get their jollies in having a go at people. They actually have made me laugh a lot and they get some great reactions from some of the more serious forum users who have no sense of humor at all. Life is too short to be so serious. Enjoy the forum. I do and I am just a freeloading visitor.
FollowupID: 23243

Follow Up By: Willie - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:38

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:38
Basically what I was on about, is that in my opinion what you said about other forum users was not very helpful. The so-called yobbos may not aspire to what some of us may declare as intelligent conversation but they must nevertheless be heard. One does not have to comment or get involved in their posts. Me? Harsh?........never :-)
Cheers,
Willie
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 23249

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:03

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:03
Hahaha Willie get off the GLAYVA mate! I don't think ya harsh just mist the point, we all have an opportunity to be lively and as long as we restrain ourselves within the bounds of normal human good natured TTP and don't go off on a personal or mechanical withchunt we'll all learn lots of stuff.

Welcome Rossco, kick around, have a laugh, but always always have a say!

Life's short, don't put ya head in a boxLaterally Literal
Seriously Cerebral
FollowupID: 23259

Follow Up By: Member - Bob - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:11

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:11
Crikey Julian, what have I said to get grouped with Spanky? I admit that I will always have a go at some of the more outrageous bigotry demonstrated by some of the fanatics on this list, but I don't recall ever initiating a flame war, or intentionally stirring the pot.Bob
FollowupID: 23277

Reply By: ross - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 19:12

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 19:12
I agree with you 100% ross.The best 4x4 is the one that suits the owner and one that he/she can afford to maintain.There is more than the odd one or two owners who are in over their heads in repayments and do not have the money to maintain or use their vehicle like it was intended but must keep up with the Jones .
I had Lada Niva for 5 years as 2nd car and weekend offroader.It NEVER broke down and had a nicer ride offroad than my current Landcruiser .I was able to service and maintain it myself and it used only $5-6 per hour in low range.I paid $5000 and sold it for $3500 after all the fun I had in it. Im still having withdrawal symptoms.
Another Rosco
AnswerID: 32526

Follow Up By: uppy - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:15

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 20:15
Ross Ive lived in Russia .I agree with what you say about the Niva also over there you can get a 4 door model
regards uppy
FollowupID: 23246

Follow Up By: haze - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 21:50

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 21:50
Willie. Are you aging faster than me, or are you the the master of obfuscation? Whichever, I read your posts twice and I still scratch me ed.
FollowupID: 23258

Follow Up By: Willie - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 22:27

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 22:27
I am sorry that you feel that way,haze. Sometimes the words slip past the automatic thought police but one must say these things if one feels inclined to say them. However not everyone understands what one is trying to say.

Confusion may reign in the mind of the elederly and seeing as I was going into high school when you were already sowing your wild oats up the coast I can understand your dilemma.

Suffice to say, the point of the post was to show that it was not necessary to call groups names in order to get a point across.

As always controversial,

Willie

Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 23486

Reply By: Member - Al Symers (SA) - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:16

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 22:16
G'day Ross, Welcome aboard. As you've found out this is a great site. The only problem is that a lot of the contributors are getting fairly old and as we all know, they get a bit cranky as they get older. But because of their old age, they have heaps of experience and their advise is generally very good. If you do a search on Willie through the archives, you'll find heaps of interesting posts and check out his website. It makes a good read.
Us young blokes can learn heaps from the oldies.
Enjoy the site.Al Symers
AnswerID: 32557

Follow Up By: Member - Wherethehellawi - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:01

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:01
Al,
geez thats hitting a bit low, Willie aint old.........hehehe
Wow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
FollowupID: 23274

Follow Up By: Member - Wherethehellawi - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:03

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 08:03
I'll stick up for ya WillieWow! am I cute
If yer ain't fishing, Yer ain't livin
Richard
FollowupID: 23276

Follow Up By: Willie - Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 22:11

Sunday, Oct 05, 2003 at 22:11
Thanks fellasNever a dull moment
FollowupID: 23485

Reply By: ross - Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:56

Wednesday, Oct 01, 2003 at 23:56
Uppy I did some research on the 4 door niva but apparrently the extra length doesnt lend itself to serious offroading and thats why they never left the soviet bloc.I saw them on 60 Minutes one night when they used a lwb niva ambulance to smuggle some journalists and cameramen into Chechnya to report on atrocities.My favourite is the lada bronto which has massive balloon tyres that enable it to traverse any surface including water .They are reputed to be the only petrol car to be driven to the north and south pole.
AnswerID: 32567

Follow Up By: uppy - Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:03

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:03
Yep you are right about the 4 door .It is use as a taxi alot around St Peterburg.The Russians use the Lada mainly because they are cheap easy to maintain and also they are made for the conditions over there.Ive seen the bronto but i dont know much about it.I sent alot of time in rural Russia in small villages with little electricty.Talk about mud everyone got around on horses or tractors
regards uppy
FollowupID: 23283

Reply By: Member - Ross- Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 11:07

Thursday, Oct 02, 2003 at 11:07
Thanks one and all for the words of welcome, wisdom and warning.
And a special thanks to Al for his kindly words re my assumed age .... that bloody Ponds cream must be good stuff.

Been into 4b's for over 25 years and driven an assortment of mongrels ... loved every minute though.

Learnt a few tricks over the years also, but as I said in my original posting .. there's always room in the bag for more.

Have met a few blokes that reckoned they had nothing more to learn ... but I expect that's happened to all of us at one time or another.Rosco
AnswerID: 32586

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 10:45

Saturday, Oct 04, 2003 at 10:45
When I'm in some remote corner of this great country and being mentally blown away with the awesomness of where I am and what I see, I wonder at how it all came about. I fell privleged beyond belief, and more privleged that we live in a country where we have freedom of speech.

Carpe Diem
AnswerID: 32754

Sponsored Links