Nissan Screw Jack details wanted

Submitted: Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:45
ThreadID: 75399 Views:3117 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all,

I am trying to find a pair of old mechanical screw type bottle jacks for lifting my caravan on a 4-castor trolley.

I have tried the old Holden type (grey/red/orange short cylindrical with square drive bit) but they are not strong enough - I need 1.5 tonne capacity, and they must be bottle, not scissor; and mechanical screw, not hydraulic.

I have seen one at a wreckers, but unless I can be sure of buying 2 then there is no point in proceeding. The wreckers thought the jack was from a Subaru, but it has the Nissan symbol cast into it and I have later heard it could be from an early Patrol, Maverick or similar.

If anyone knows what model Nissan the jack described below comes from, it would help me narrow down a search for a second unit...
Jack description:
* Red (important - grey ones seem taller),
* 160mm high when lowered (important as height is limited and even this may be tight),
* mechanical screw type,
* 4 bolts hold the body to the base (important as it allows disassembly for greasing and possibly I may look to lower the height/stroke),
* has part number 375161 cast onto body, but this may not help as I have seen a taller grey jack with the same part number,
* 1.5T capacity cast onto body (important)
* stroke is not so important, I only need about 70mm lift.

If anyone knows of any other 1.5T screw jack that is 160mm high OR LESS, I'd be interested in getting details.

I am keen to buy 2 suitable jacks if any forum members have them, but at least info on what model vehicles to look for would help immensely.

Thanks,

glids
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tour Boy ( Bundy QLD) - Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:07

Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:07
I have 2 of the grey ones and I think they came out of an early patrol but I'm unsure which model.
Awsome jacks and have better gearing than the yota bottle jacks.

Both rated to 1.5t and I used one of them to jack up my house while I was re-stumping..so good enough for a caravan.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers,
Dave
2010 Isuzu FTS800 Expedition camper
2015 Fortuner
Had 72 cruisers in my time

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 400580

Follow Up By: glids - Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 13:41

Friday, Jan 22, 2010 at 13:41
I've got one of the grey ones (GQ??) to use under my Terracan, but too tall at 200mm. I have also seen the grey jacks ranging from 170mm to 190mm.

Need the RED one at 160mm.

ta

glids
FollowupID: 669780

Reply By: wafarmer - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 03:27

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 03:27
Hi glids

I feel you have described the jack from my 720 Nissan dual cab ute.

It is red has four bolts at the base is 2 or three stage not sure has a hole on one side of the slot where you put the crank handle and a slot on the other.

I cant have a look for the part number as it is on a trailer on my farm 900kms away.

If it was the one you were after I would do a swap for the other one as the height is not an issue for me, the red one is quite squat.

I am in WA but

cheers

Ashley

AnswerID: 400678

Follow Up By: glids - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:34

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:34
Thanks for the offer, Ashley, and for you reply. I will keep your offer in mind if I cannot locate another one

The info re model 720 is important to me, I had been told that model was one of the 'possible' options, along with G60 and MQ. Unfortunately I know very little about the Nissan range.

Cheers,

Ian (glids)
FollowupID: 670001

Sponsored Links