Waeco Fridge CF 50

Submitted: Wednesday, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 754 Views:2810 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have a Waeco CF 50 fridge (52 litre)? They are relatively new on the market and are apparently comparable to the Engel fridge but significantly cheaper (according to the Waeco website!!) (currently $200 discount - $987). We have been looking at the Engel's and are aware of their strong reputation, but this new Waeco fridge has a couple of new features such as seperate freezer, 3 battery saver cut out settings, same dimensions as 39 litre Engel but has 52 litre capacity and various other features. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nick - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:00
G'day Michelle,

I bought one a short while back after a fairly intensive search for my fridge requirements. The bloke I bought it from sells them all and has no bias. He uses one himslef after being an ardent advocate of Engel for years.
Not that there is anything wrong with the Engel line.
I am amazed at the freezing power of the thing - it has to be watched it is so good. Leave something too long or a setting a wee bit too high and bang - its frozen.
Defrosted our home freezer the other day and put all the food into the WAECO while we cleaned the big one out. It was a bloody hot day and the WAECO chugged along quite happily at -17C for several long and hot hours.
I am happy with mine.
May all your beers be cold ones
AnswerID: 2086

Reply By: Ron - Wednesday, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:00

Wednesday, Feb 13, 2002 at 01:00
We looked at both makes, and finished up buying the Waeco, and we haven't looked back.
We did the same as Nick, inregards to defrosting our fridge at home.
The push button controls are great, you can have a cool drink, adjust the controls and have one with ice, or make ice.
AnswerID: 2087

Reply By: will - Thursday, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:00
Michelle, A friend of mine recently sold his two year old Engel and bought the Waeco... He is happy, they must be good for him to make such a change!
AnswerID: 2101

Reply By: Rob - Thursday, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 14, 2002 at 01:00
Michelle

A workmate recently bought one and we went on its maiden 4wd trip. It worked well although it froze a lot of his food and drink as he didn't quite figure out the controls. Last time I asked him he was still happy in general but a little concerned the lid might be a bit flimsy....apparently it's quite flexible. We have a bushman with the high lid which I quite like as well and really like the electronic control but if buying one now I would certainly have a good look at the Waeco.

Rob
AnswerID: 2110

Follow Up By: C Obrien - Sunday, Feb 17, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Feb 17, 2002 at 01:00
michelle.The first waeco 52ltr fridges apparently are suffering a warping of the lid allowing the cold to escape past the seal.This is caused by the coldness inside.Waeco know this & are rectifying the problem with a new reinforced lid.I have a 45Ltr and find it to be the best around.They are also bringing out large carry handles for the 45's.
FollowupID: 744

Reply By: michelle - Saturday, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:00
my hubby and myself brought a 70l waeco fridge/freezer about 2 years ago we have used it everywhere. its great. we use it at home as a
spare freezer when it is not in the 4x4 with 3 kids. we are very happy with our waeco.
AnswerID: 2123

Reply By: michelle - Saturday, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:00

Saturday, Feb 16, 2002 at 01:00
my hubby and myself brought a 70l waeco fridge/freezer about 2 years ago we have used it everywhere. its great. we use it at home as a
spare freezer when it is not in the 4x4 with 3 kids. we are very happy with our waeco.
AnswerID: 2124

Reply By: Ian - Sunday, Feb 17, 2002 at 01:00

Sunday, Feb 17, 2002 at 01:00
hi Michelle,, i have purchased the new waeco and found it to be very good i have had one lid replaced with a reinforced one ,they told me they still havent got the lids right but when they do we just have to let them know and they will send out the metal reinforced one,,,so no complaints here about back up service,Ian
AnswerID: 2130

Sponsored Links