track from camerons corner to innamincka

Hi all, can't for the life of me think of the track from Cameron to innamincka private property.
Also is it ok for a Windsor rapid off road van?

cheers Shane.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:29

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:29
Shane,

It would be the Bore Track.

As for the van I can not help with that question.

Wayne
AnswerID: 400750

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:41

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:41
As mentioned, it is the Bore Track. We took 3 vans nth bound on this to 2008 National Gathering. Supreme Territory about 22ft (maybe more???) Supreme Getaway 17'6ft and an older but very modified Viscount maybe about 14/15ft. None of these vans had any trouble at all and I would think the Windsor would cope fine as well. A bit corrogated in patches but in general a great drive. Took us all day from the corner to Innaminka but could have just as easily been a two day trip if you wanted. Some nice spots to o/nite along this track.

Some pics of our party in my profile pics somewhere if you want to go looking for them.

Have a great journey.
Trevor.
AnswerID: 400751

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 20:48

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 20:48
We travelled it southbound after the 2008 national gathering with a 1 tonne trailer alone. Trevor is spot on, we found it very sandy in spots but would be ok with a van. We found it a wonderful drive.
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 669990

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:12

Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:12
Trevor has mentioned a very relevant point as to the time frame required for the Bore Track option.

We didn't leave Cameron Corner until around 2pm and towing just an off road camper trailer, we didn't arrive at Innamincka until around 8pm.

The northern section, within the Innamincka Regional Reserve (National Park) has some extremely rough and sandy sections, sometimes including washouts that require short detours and travelling this section at night (like we did) is definitely not recommended.

The southern section on Bollard Lagoon Station is a joy to drive and I would certainly recommend this option, just give yourself plenty of time.

Bill.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 670062

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:50

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 19:50
Wayne has got it,Bore Track,and a nice run too easily done in a day.
I haven't towed anything along it,but i don't think you would have too much trouble with an off road van.
Except if it gets wet out there, could be a few detours around some of the lakes. may be tricky?

Image Could Not Be Found
on the Bore Track

Rob
I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 400753

Reply By: Member - shane (SA) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 20:12

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 20:12
Thanks for the replies people, Trevor was that river crossing in your profile pic's part of the bore track?

cheers shane.
AnswerID: 400756

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 09:02

Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 09:02
Shane, The "river crossing" you would be talking about was just a puddle we come across that was blocking the road skirting around the edge of Coongie Lakes. Ross H (in the Navara in the photo) was the only one in our group to do the crossing. My wife was adamant that I wasn't going. A very modded Patrol running 35's, made a big mistake and drowned in that same puddle the day before we were there which did not help my wife's cause.

In all reality it wasn't as bad as it looks, hard ground and only 1 car length across but I had a long drive with the wife in the passengers seat to get home LOL!!!.

Cheers, Trevor.
FollowupID: 670052

Reply By: Member - Bob & Lorraine S (NSW - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:28

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:28
G'day Shane

We were that 22ft plus Supreme Territory that travelled with Trevor and the Viscount (Isuzumu) along the Bore Track.
Some care is needed. Check the weather forecast! Rain will make a BIG difference to this journey
Drop your tyre pressures, most important. There were some corrugations (July 2008). Make sure that your water tanks and any underneath wiring is well protected. There was some sand but nothing serious. Travel at a speed that is comfortable for you. If you have company with you it's good
It's a fantastic journey across Bollards Lagoon and the clay pan (private property $10 per crossing in 2008) plenty of photo shoots. Take your time and enjoy

Lorraine & BobImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 400766

Follow Up By: Member - shane (SA) - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:54

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 21:54
thanks for your rely. those photos make it look like nothing is out there. I showed the wife and her comment was, why would you want to go there, its bare.
She is into bird watching and thought we would go to the Flinders first., then on to Cameron corner, up the bore track to innamincka, out to the lakes then back to the track that goes to Amdamooka via the short cut around the to of the lake.

Shane.
FollowupID: 670005

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:15

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:15
It's not all boring
Image Could Not Be Found
Image Could Not Be Found
One more, gee that was a great trip, got to do it again some time
Image Could Not Be Found
FollowupID: 670011

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:17

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:17
Hello Bob and Lorraine hope your both well,

Cheers Bruce and Annie
FollowupID: 670012

Follow Up By: Trevor R (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 09:23

Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 09:23
Hey my Bore Track buddies how are we all?

Shane the photo's of Bollards lagoon above (the claypan) is only one part of this fabulous trip. I am adding a few others below to help get the missus on board hehehe:

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

All in all one of the more memorable trips. Not only was the scenary spectacular, the company was "unforgetable" hehhehe. Our little conversation about "Roger's" over the UHF is still talked about around all my campfires ROFL just thinking about it now.

Safe travels to you Yabby Bob and Rogeraine. Bruce and Annie, I'll stir you guys up with a phone call soon hehehe.

Regards, Trevor.
FollowupID: 670055

Follow Up By: Member - shane (SA) - Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:44

Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 10:44
that looks a little bit more exciting, thanks for all the photos and info.

cheers shane.
FollowupID: 670066

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:06

Saturday, Jan 23, 2010 at 22:06
The last time we did the Bore Track would have been about Aug 07. There must have been some rain beforehand as we found an amazing display of wildflowers on Bollards Lagoon. Spectacular. A bit further north there are a few cattle grids which should be approached with caution as some had the approach washed out resulting at us nearly becoming airborne - that section of the track is low lying and would be impassable just after a bit of rain. All up its a really good drive and one worth taking a couple of days to do as there is a lot to see there. The gibber section at the northern end is really something to experience.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 400773

Reply By: wicket - Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 18:02

Sunday, Jan 24, 2010 at 18:02
Since all the publicity about lake eyre fillimg there has been a lot of traffic on this track resulting in a lot of corrugations, quite bone jarring in places and very slow going.
AnswerID: 400843

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:59

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 08:59
TheBore Track in 2005.
Started raining just after we left Innaminka and didn't take much rain to do this. Took us 8hrs to do the 200km.
As said about the campers.

AnswerID: 401063

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:35

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 10:35
Shane,

Mrs Bush and I were also at the 2008 Gathering and we also took the Bore Track south to north.

From the wet photos above, I'm glad we didn't encounter any rain.

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Image Could Not Be Found

Make sure you go out and have a look at the DIG Tree and take the loop anticlockwise back to Innamincka. Beautiful scenery.

Image Could Not Be Found

cheers

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 401074

Sponsored Links