dusting motor

Submitted: Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 17:46
ThreadID: 75475 Views:2373 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I own 76 series cruser v8 diesel and was wondering if anyone had herd any stories on the filter letting to much dust through to motor.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Axle - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 17:56

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 17:56
G/Day Paul, There was a story put up on The TOYO site a while back in regard to that problem, So it must be, or must of been a issue at some stage

Might pay to jump over there and see what you can dig up,

Cheers Axle
AnswerID: 400973

Reply By: Rockape - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 18:05

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 18:05
Paul.
we haven't had any problems with them at work, ours operate in pretty fine dust conditions and have had no problems with dusting. Having said that, they will be slightly dusted, as all engines that operate in adverse conditions all their lives will suffer some dusting.

Some of these vehicles are getting to the end of their life, around 70000k, they have done this at 30kph, so it adds up to a lot of hours running.

Have a good one

AnswerID: 400974

Reply By: Member -Pinko (NSW) - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 22:16

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 22:16
Toyota state that particles 20 microns or less is acceptable.
I will pull to the side and wait for dust to settle rather than follow close to another vehicle.
However we had completed the CSR and returned via Alice Springs where I did a grease and a car check and found dust on the engine side of the filter toward the front of the filter box.
I went to the Toyota dealer who had a mechanic have a look and stated this was the norm and these engines will handle this size of particulate. He requested I return in an hour and in the meantime he downloaded the documentation relating to my engine and the 200 series.
The six or so pages stated exactly what he said to me.
I was going to change to a K&N filter replacment and the information I got was to stick with the OE.
Donaldson make a product to replace the OE on top of the snorkel called 'Topspin'. It is a pre cleaner and I think it may be large and work at low revs and they state the engine 'breathes better'. Donaldson are recognised leaders in air filtration.
Hope this helps
Living is a journey,it depends on where you go !
VKS 737 mobile 0049 selcall 0049

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 401033

Sponsored Links