Ha Ha Glad it wasnt me

Submitted: Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 18:46
ThreadID: 75478 Views:2439 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Pointless post really

Well, just received some info from a fellow member, that my old beast has been written off. Poor thing had a hard life, and am very surprised it lasted so long. She was my pride and joy, when i was a revhead. Had some good times in her thats for sure.

Apparently, the 3rd owner since i sold it, was under the influence, gave it a bootful and went sideways into a powerpole. Sure as hell glad it wasn't me. I had my chances thats for sure. But there is a place and time for that sort of thing, unfortunately, it was every second corner when i had it. Sure as hell glad i got rid of it and never injured or killed anybody. Definitely see the errors of my ways now, but just goes to show how invincible you think you are when your young. Plus the complete disregard for others.

But the thing is, the car went through 3 young fellas, early 20's, and the fella to crash it was in his early 30's. I can actually remember taking the same fella in it when i owned it, for a joyride. AND he was drunk then. Karma, thats what ya get when ya spill beer in my car i guess. She got him back for that eventually.

In no way am i upset or any of that garbage though, just thankful it never happened to me. She had enough work done to her to make things fun thats for sure. But she cost me the earth to fix all the time. Especially when power steering fluid hit the extractors and lit up. That was an experience.

For me and the fellow EO member, we will always remember the 1st night i brought it. Fun probably doesnt describe it, awesomes probably better.

Just hope now, that the EO fella who brought my trayback dont do the same, as that tired old 1HZ definitely packs a punch. HAHAHAHA

CheersImage Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Damien L (Cairns) - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 19:50

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 19:50
Hey Boss,
Nothing is pointless when it concerns yourself. Thanks for sharing the story. We all like to hear things about the things we sold or got rid of.
Damien
Love the bush

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 400996

Reply By: Member - Lionel A (WA) - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 20:41

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 20:41
C'mon Boss, pointless post eh !!!

Your just tryin' to provoke Shaker, arn't ya.......hehehe.

Cheers......Lionel.
AnswerID: 401008

Reply By: Wilko - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 21:04

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 21:04
Hi Boss,

Funny thing with us blokes is that most of us go thru that stage. I was lucky I was a hoon driving paddock bashers where the only thing I was gonna hurt was me lol.

Cheers Wilko
AnswerID: 401014

Reply By: guzzi - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 07:38

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 07:38
It seems that the old saying "To be old and wise one must first be young and stupid" has some truth to it.....
AnswerID: 401053

Follow Up By: The Boss - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:37

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 12:37
Have to agree, although im still far from wise.
FollowupID: 670354

Reply By: Member -Tukka (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 20:23

Wednesday, Jan 27, 2010 at 20:23
Good times is all to say about that old girl.

AnswerID: 401375

Sponsored Links