Cape York

G'day there and thanks for your time
We are going to go to Cape York in June/July and would like to know if there is a good book or a website that I would be able to get some good info from. For instance we have always stayed in tents up until now. Just bought a Jayco Swan a few months ago and don't know how far we can take it and where we should leave it on the way up north to finish the rest of the trip in a tent.

Thanks again for any replys
Scott
I probably won't check the computer until sometime tommorrow. I don't mean to be rude and not answer any body
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nathan & Lyndsey (WA) - Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 23:09

Monday, Jan 25, 2010 at 23:09
Hi Scott.

The best place to get info on Cape York is the "Capeyorkerforum". There are locals on the forum with lots of tips. We too are heading up there this year and that website is a great resource.

I just got the book "Cape York an adventurer's guide" by Ron and Viv Moon. Many people on here suggested it and it is well worth the money.

If you search the previous threads someone else recently asked about where to leave their caravan also.

Have fun!

Lyndsey

AnswerID: 401043

Follow Up By: Member - Nathan & Lyndsey (WA) - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 00:09

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 00:09
This is the thread for where to leave your caravan 74822.
FollowupID: 670301

Follow Up By: CJ - Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:52

Tuesday, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:52
I second the book -

it is a great read, very helpful, with trip notes and the like. Would not recommend goiing for your first time without 1) reading it, and 2) taking it with you for reference, specially if you are doing the OTL (without your van)

CJ
FollowupID: 670329

Sponsored Links