Subaru Outback Tyres

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 08:31
ThreadID: 75557 Views:3057 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
For anyone interested, just had Bridgestone Dueler H/L D683's fitted to '04 Outback. Main consideration was performance and price; these came in at under $750 with alignment. So far I am very impressed with their handling (like being on rails) and love how quiet they are. The Geolanders always squealed going around tight corners and rolled a bit, but these are great.

BTW, can I plugged the Bridgestone dealer in Blacktown? It's not often I find service as good as theirs; can you believe they want see the car again this weekend to make sure they've got the alignment right?

Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - mazcan - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:21

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:21
hi rosco
imho---- if the guy doing the wheel alignment is qualified and knew what he's doing there should be no reason for the vehicle to be returned a week later after an alignment job never heard of that before????????
AnswerID: 401455

Reply By: Rossco 09 - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:30

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:30
Look, let me qualify this. The wheel alignment was way way out (I know, should have got it sorted when I knew, but left it until I got new tyres). They have a maintenance schedule for the tyres and want them to last. Because it was way out, they want to see it again (1 week time frame) to ensure it's still in and that there is not something else going on. I think that's great as I want the tyres to last and they seem to genuinely care. And if it turns out something is wrong ie. obvious scrubbing after too few k's, I want them to fix it so it doesn't cost even more money in tyres down the road, not to mention impacted safety.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 401458

Follow Up By: Member - mazcan - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:17

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 12:17
hi rosco
well that throws a different lite on the subject and reason for returning the vehicle
hope they get it sorted
cheers
FollowupID: 670786

Sponsored Links