Outback floodwaters reach South Australia

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 14:58
ThreadID: 75569 Views:2785 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Water likely to flow into Coongie Lakes. Should be great for travel to the area during southern winter/spring. LINK
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ed C (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 18:20

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 18:20
With ex TC Olga expected to re-form in the Gulf, I think it's quite reasonable to expect some good rain at least in the Georgina / Hamilton R catchments, and quite possibly in the Diamantina & Thompson / Barcoo catchments...

Given that there is already quite a bit of water already in the system, flood warnings current for Georgina R / Eyre Ck, & Cooper Ck, moderate flooding easing at Monkira (Diamantina R), I wouldn't rule out the possibility of another 'significant river event' this year...

Early days yet, but I am 'cautiously optimistic' ;-))

planning to be out that way mid-year..

:)

Confucius say.....
"He who lie underneath automobile with tool in hand,
....Not necessarily mechanic!!"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 401507

Reply By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 20:51

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 20:51
Have a look at the forecast for Sunday on the Bom site. Whole of QLD has rain forecast. Last Saturday when they named her I said to a couple of friend's she sounds like a old cold B. We have a cyclone/flood plan but only if they come from the East. Might need to rethink it. Been looking forward to the King Tide on Sunday. Had a fishing trip planned will see.
AnswerID: 401526

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 20:54

Thursday, Jan 28, 2010 at 20:54
Lets hope some rain falls here then LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 670870

Sponsored Links