What a bloody journey, but we got there....!

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 00:03
ThreadID: 75626 Views:2976 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday

I’m pretty passionate about rebuilding country towns either through work, or my private time.

A group of the local blokes and shirlas decided to produce a DVD. It started off as a 60 second video, and then grew into a major production lasting 2 minutes and 45 seconds.

Just about everything known to God, and mankind stuffed us up. If it wasn’t the tides, it was the weather, people getting crook and so on.

Just when I thought I can’t put up with this misery anymore, I’m was told that colour enhancing, voice over treatment and background music needed to be completed again.

This was all shot in HD, and I was thrilled to learn after a long telephone conversation, that Channel 31 is produced in SD format.

But it gets ever better. Here is the technical dribble I received late last week:

Hi Kim,

Just a quick update on the Tooradin Film further to our phone call this
afternoon.

Once I have received the uncompressed wav file of the music, I will work
on producing a "Master Copy" of the film for you, which you can then use
to duplicate and send out. If possible it would be good to get the
broadcast spec and technical requirements from Channel 31 before I
complete the master version for duplication, that way both versions are
"broadcast safe", i.e. suitable for broadcast.

I will still need to render a version for the web in concert with your
web designers and one for actual broadcast as they use different video
standards and compression codecs to DVD.

I will have a version of the DVD of the film on Monday that you can use
to show people etc, but not for duplication just yet, I would like to
make sure the video is up to broadcast spec before getting it duplicated :)

I’m a simple old boy from the bush and have no understanding of this technology, but I’m very proud of what everyone has achieved.

Not one bob was spent, and the entire professional services where donated.

You’ll see the final version shortly.

Regards

Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 00:16

Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 00:16
Hi Kim,

Ain't technology grand!! Can't wait to see the finished product, so I guess you are chomping at the bit!

Good luck, Dave

AnswerID: 401840

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 01:05

Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 01:05
Gidday

Me also Dave. The hair is getting a bit grey, and retirement in Boulia is looking attractive. LOL

The young bloke producing this film is dead set. You cound'nt find a better fella.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 671244

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:35

Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 10:35
G/Day Kim

It's great to read about what you and your mates are doing, I have never stayed in Small Country Towns long enough to meet all the locals and foster friendships, years ago my work with Gilbarcos "Fuel Pump Installers / Maintenance" ect had me going to most of Queensland country towns from the coast to the outback, and even then you could see a decline in population with different businesses closed down, but for some reason the towns carried on regardless, a lot of people who don't know any better would comment, well they have had the good times and now they have to put up with the bad times, because things will get better, but unfortunately things are not getting better, those days are long gone, for some reason the Government turns a blind eye to this situation because the bulk of the Voters are in the city areas, when we travel out through some of these places which unfortunately is not often enough, we don't hesitate to spend a few dollars while passing through, whether it's on fuel, or getting a Counter Lunch at the local pub, every bit helps.

Cheers
AnswerID: 401880

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 16:22

Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 16:22
Gidday Daza

Is Gilbarco still around? I used them quite often to fix or calibrate the retail pumps.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 671351

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 17:12

Sunday, Jan 31, 2010 at 17:12
Yes kim they are now called Gilbarco- Veeder Root Australia, I think they are part of a Dutch Company.
FollowupID: 671366

Sponsored Links