belladonia to condinup

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:27
ThreadID: 75756 Views:2648 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I want to go from Belladonia to Condinup via the 4wd track that leaves from the eyre highway at Belladonia. Has any one else done this track, if so can you give me something to assure my wife with. I have taken her through the Vic High country and some of the tracks have left her wondering about my/our sanity. We have air lockers front/rear and a winch and new cooper stt's in a hilux. We have had to use all of them at different times. We are travelling alone.
Thanks if you can help.
deerlux

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - A J- Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:42

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:42
Geoffrey H (Vic) - Geoffrey have a look at thread 75661 or search threads for Balladonia over the last few weeks.

A J
AnswerID: 402591

Reply By: Rip64 - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:55

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:55
Geoffrey, we are leaving Torquay on 13th March, hope to be turning left at Belladonia on the 19th.
Cannot wait.
All should be good, depending on amount of rain in next few weeks.Will use contacts provided a week out from departure.
Also solo in Hilux.
Brian
AnswerID: 402595

Reply By: Kanga1 - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:09

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 10:09
Geoff, the track you are referring is seriously impassable when wet, and driven with caution at any other time, there are a few very dangerous sections, one of which is responsible for numerous crashes/rollovers , just keep your wits about you and small-ish puddles that should be no more than an inch or two deep, may be a couple of foot deep. Very nice country, couple of old settlers shacks, Mt Ragged. Enjoy, Kanga1.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

AnswerID: 402599

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 19:03

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 19:03
Mt Ragged is on a branch off the road to Condingup - it goes past Mt Ragged and to Cape Arid NP. We only went from Condingup (Parmango Road) to Balladonia as the Mt Ragged road may have had narrow patches for our rig. One homestead on the way we went, and another on the Mt Ragged track.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 672154

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:03

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:03
That would be Balladonia to Condingup. Got a bit consfused when I looked at the map as tried to establish what track went all the way to Condinup (a town in thh Wheatbelt of WA)!!

Have fun

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 402617

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:04

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 12:04
woops ..and that would be the not thh
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 672068

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 14:52

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 14:52
We have been through it with our caravan but that was in 2005. It was pretty rough and unmaintained in the middle section. When we came home from the ES in November last year, i noticed the Balladonia end was blocked off and road closed. It was most likely a temporary situation due to rain in the area, as when we got to the Norseman to Lake King it was also closed. The Condingup part of the trip (Parmango Road) is well maintained as it services rural properties.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 402647

Reply By: jdphoto - Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 15:10

Thursday, Feb 04, 2010 at 15:10
I used this track about 10 days ago. There are a few bull dust holes to watch out for, but aside from that, and assuming there has not been significant rain, it is just the standard corrugations and rough limestone patches. Drive to the conditions and you'll be fine.

Jeff
AnswerID: 402649

Reply By: Member - Tony S (WA) - Friday, Feb 05, 2010 at 00:21

Friday, Feb 05, 2010 at 00:21
If you wish to just after Condinup, you come to a road on the left called Orleans Bay Rd if you turn down there you come across Warton. No free camping however there is a C/van Park where you can clean up. Nice beaches and if you drive around Warton beach you can cut through to another beach called Victoria harbour.The park has fuel, bait etc.and basic supplies.
It is a nice spot. The shop can give you a mud map of the area.
We will most probably be down there approx early to mid. March.

Tony
The rig

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 402752

Sponsored Links