Minn Kota Help

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 10:16
ThreadID: 75840 Views:2613 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
We have a Minn Kota bow mount, 55" Riptide. We wish to get another quick release bracket for it so we can use it on two boats. Thing is we only need the "puck" part to mount on the second boat, not the whole bracket as that lives permanently on the motor. See pic for the part we are after. Do we really have to buy the whole thing and throw the rest in the bin?
Cheers Lyndon
Image Could Not Be Found
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 11:55

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 11:55
Hi Lyndon

Sorry, don't know anything about these mounts, but if they are metal (steel, stainless steel etc) a local fabrication shop should be able to manufacture one for you from your sample, then maybe powder coat it.

That's what I'd be doing... as long as it's not plastic. (I am a metalworker :)) )

Cheers, Dave

AnswerID: 403080

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 14:51

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 14:51
Lyndon,

The bracket I have for mine is nothing like the one you are showing. I guess there are two types of mounts. I'm heading to BCF this afternoon will what I can find.

How old is your motor?

Now all your done is get my appetite back to get out fishing again. Of course when the good lady bitches that i'm spending all my time fishing again I'm just going to blame you LOL.

Brian
AnswerID: 403108

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 15:55

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 15:55
Hi,

Been to BCF they have nothing and I checked on the web and the only thing I can find is [url=http://www.chsmith.com.au] and was about $75.00 but seems to be the whole unit, not just the plug.

Or you could try contacting Minn Kota Australia and ask them. Or maybe Ausfish which is a fishing forum someone may have one from a damged unit who may help you out.

Which part of NT you in? and hows the fishing was hoping to get up there in a couple of months.

Brian

AnswerID: 403116

Reply By: tonysmc - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 23:09

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 23:09
Lyndon,

Try the Yacht store next to the Darwin sailing club. I wanted a part for my Minn Kota and they were the only place in town that were willing to even enquire about availability. I think about a week and a half to get it in.

(or make one out of a nylon chopping board?)

Good luck

Tony
AnswerID: 403196

Reply By: Member - michael H (NSW) - Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:14

Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 09:14
Hi lyndon

I had one made in aluminium for a little aluminium canoe I have by a machinist next to my work, I did ask him if he was interested in making a few more out of nylon or some form of plastic he said he would but I have not needed any.
I was going to mount one on the second wheel carrier where I have an outboard motor mount just haven't got around to it
AnswerID: 403225

Sponsored Links