Camprite Campers

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 17:18
ThreadID: 75854 Views:4851 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

I am starting to look around at camper trailers and I am heading towards the Camprite make, mainly the TL8 s4-2. I like the fact that evrything is off the ground and also that there is no soft top cover as everything is enclosed by way of hard covers.

Can anyone with this type of camper give me their opinions of them and if possible would like to come and have a look at how they have set theirs up as I would like to carry kayaks like member Captain(WA) has but being the single roof version it might be a bit different.

I have read all the previous forum post but some later post would be appreciated. I am in Perth so anyone around with one would like to catch up with you and have a talk.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Porl - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 17:53

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 17:53
Just checked out the details, wow, I've never really drooled over a camper trailer yet but with a family of 4 this model looks fantastic, fold out easy, no guy ropes, beds for 4, etc . Looking forward to informative responses.
AnswerID: 403126

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 19:36

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 19:36
Mate I am also looking at a camper trailer.

There are so many out there it can be confusing. I have seen them from $5,000 to $75,000. I recon the cheaper end of the market is more to my budget but finding one that is dust sealed is not easy. Most of them are just trailers with a tent on top. Recon I will have to pay around $15,000 for a New one or around $8,500 to get what I am looking for.

Cheers
Wayne B
AnswerID: 403153

Follow Up By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 19:38

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 19:38
That should read $8,500 for a 2nd Hand one.
FollowupID: 672636

Reply By: Bryan (WA) - Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 23:16

Sunday, Feb 07, 2010 at 23:16
Hi Cobra,
we have the TL8 model same as captain(WA) does. These are a fantastic camper trailer, and IMHO second to none.
we chose the camprite after going through a long process of looking at many other designs/manufacturer's/options, etc.
one of the main features we wanted was the fact that all the family (2 adults,2 kids) are all up of the ground away from rain/water/creepy crawlies...
I cant fault the trailer in in handling when being towed on road or off road. have a good look at the weld lines and all the stainless steel fittings - the quality of build is fantastic. I wasn't initially keen to pay that much for a camper trailer, but when you have a good hard look at the quality of everything, you quickly see you are paying for quality workmanship and items.
The awning we find is a bit of a pain to put up as ours has the original design where it is the same heavy canvas as the main camper - so it is heavy and bulky to handle. the awnings now are a lighter grade canvas and much easier to handle and put up.
we have taken ours out to carnarvon ranges, extremely rough/rocky tracks along bull dust tracks and never had any dust get in. the hard lock down roof definitely seals out dust.
Im in perth also, so if you want to email me: bsmith@amnet.net.au we can chat more on the phone if you like.
hope this helps
regards
Bryan
AnswerID: 403198

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 17:06

Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 17:06
The TL8s 4-2 is a great camper. But as you say, things like the kayak racks would be more difficult, but not impossible, on the 4-2. However, you would not be able to easily access them once set-up, sort of negates the advantage the Camprite has in that you leave them on until you need them.

I must admit that I find the 4-2 an anomaly in the TL8 range. Even if there was only 2 of you, the ease of setup of the normal TL8 makes little practical advantage for the 4-2 IMHO. And as you have heaps more room in the TL8, why limit yourself with the 4-2. Besides, price wise there is not much in it.

Anyway, my email address is on My Profile if you have any more questions.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 403282

Sponsored Links