FOR Member - Geoff H (QLD) Have you fixed your waeco problems

I was having similar problems as you and recently went out and purchased one of THESE .

Since fitting it - TOUCH WOOD he says while gently banging himself on the head ;) - my Waeco fridge now stays powered on, no more issues - YIPPEE.

i just hope i havent gone off too early. A big THANK YOU to WRVA for all the offline advice on this.

Geoff it maybe worth the dollars you getting one for yours too. I was lucky enough to buy one here in Sydney at a sizeable discount to the Waeco RRP of $119

I would be very interested to know how you went with solving your problem, cheers....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Geoff H (QLD) - Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 16:36

Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 16:36
Thanks,
I fitted a hella socket to the fridge wire and that got the fridge running on a full battery until the voltage dropped to 11.6 Volts and then the fridge cut out, I tried the emergency over ride at that time and there was enough current getting through the connections for the fridge quickly dropped to negative 6. I'll take it into Waeco head office when I get a a day off.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Regards
Geoff
AnswerID: 403273

Follow Up By: PradOz - Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 22:35

Monday, Feb 08, 2010 at 22:35
Hi Geoff - I wouldnt be surprised if they seem to give you the run around, but hope not, because when I was reading in the User Guide that came with mine under trouble shooting it says: if the fridge runs normally on 240V on an AC adaptor, and if it runs ok when the vehicle is runnning but cuts out when its stopped you can be sure the problem is with the vehicles wiring.

So i hope they spend enough time and energy listening to what you say rather than what they think from prejudging like some people do and get to solve your problem real soon. Make sure you let us know what happens. Best of luck, cheers mick
FollowupID: 672815

Sponsored Links