Equinox Blog Posting

Submitted: Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 03:47
ThreadID: 75964 Views:2570 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone,

From time to time I post on this site as a visitor (after being a lurker, member, lurk ..... I think you get the idea .... lol......................) and while some of the threads I avoid like the plague ..........we make comment on some threads and we also hope that our comments do have some impact, we do what we can ...... when we can.
The reason for this post, Equinox made a blog entry on the third of January 2006 ..... note the 2006 entry ................. about seat belts.

It strikes me as being strange that a post made in 2006 .................. regardless of legislature ............... has made it to the top of the EO Member's Blog Updates.

Why so?? After a number of years where seatbelt wearing has been mandatory ................................... why the warning?? Why the top of the Blogs??

Cheers for now,

Wayne & Sally.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 07:22

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 07:22
Wayne,

Alan has probably editted his blog which then makes it automatically back to the top of the updated list.

Blogs have only been around about 18 months (I think) but have the ability to be able to be back dated to the period that the trip took place.

I haven't read the updated version of his blog but I recall it was to do with peope NOT wearing seat belts when in the back of nowhere.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 403858

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:53

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:53
Wayne,

the blogs have the ability to be posted chronologically. This means you may actually post the blog under the relevant date applicable. I have a few blogs dated back to 1985 when the internet was only a thought in a propeller heads imagination (sorry all Computer types).

From Memory I believe Alan only wrote the blog within the last 6 months. Whenever you enter one of your own blogs to edit or update it, it automatically goes to the top of the list. This section is actually called "Members Blog Updates". To find the most current blogs, just go into the Blog page on the main tabs at the top of the screen.

Alan's post is about the unexpected. It's a sad fact that far too many people in the bush tend to think that slow speeds on bush tracks mean there is less need for a seat belt. Nothing could be further from the truth. I reckon Alan's piece speaks volumes as a timely reminder that the unexpected can happen, particularly in the bush.

Regards. Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 403900

Follow Up By: Mick O - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:00
P.S. One of mine is up there now. I was just tinkering with it. Cheers.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 673500

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:10

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:10
Tinkering!!
Never thought you were one to "tinker" with anything LOL
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 673501

Reply By: equinox - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:46

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:46
Hi Wayne

As Kev and Mick have said I have just updated the blog. In this case I changed the date from the date I created the blog to the date of the incident, as well as a space here and there to line everything up nicely.

As for why the warning, I think all of us could be reminded about certain safety issues from time to time, it's pretty easy to get complacent.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 403904

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 13:01

Friday, Feb 12, 2010 at 13:01
Yes i found the thread a very good warning Alan. I too have seen tragic results from not putting on a seatbelt. Good on you for telling your story. An accident happens at the most unexpected time, that is why it is an accident not a 'expected event'.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 673508

Reply By: Wayne's 60 - Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 00:22

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 00:22
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response .....................

I thought the answer was going to be VERY simple ...................

We are looking orward to meeting or seeing you on the road ................

Cheers for now,

Wayne & Sally.

AnswerID: 404380

Sponsored Links