The gathering at the Laager

Submitted: Monday, Feb 15, 2010 at 20:35
ThreadID: 76051 Views:2400 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are attending the gathering in June with another couple and plan to wander down the Gunbarrel Hwy to Warburton and then down the Connie Sue to Cocklebiddy, back to Rawlinna and then on the Kalgoorlie where we will rest for a day or so. The plan is then to go to Menzies and travel to Mt Jackson and on through the wheatbelt to eventually end up back in Beverley (Perth is just down the road a bit). There are 4 of us at the moment and I was just wondering if anyone else is interested in joining us for a bit of a look around this neck of the woods. We will need to get some permits so planning early is a good idea. Trip time is a not set in concrete as we want to have a good look at the country and stop where it is interesting so allow about 3 weeks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Monday, Feb 15, 2010 at 22:03

Monday, Feb 15, 2010 at 22:03
SN,

why don't you list your itinerary in the members trips and gatherings. That way it'll be there for all to see and think about and not just a passing post. Sounds like a great trip back. I enjoyed the Connie Sue this last trip (July 09) and just wish I had a little more time to spend exploring along the way. It was a final tick in the box for me, the last of the Beadell Tracks to complete. Can I reccommend an email to member Stephen L as I'd suggest he has an excellent recent knowledge of your intended route.

We'll be aiming for the gathering depending on time, tyres and just where abouts we pop out of the desert on our 2010 expedition.

Cheers Mick.

Connie Sue north of Neale Junction

Connie Sue Hw south of Neale Junction

Connie Sue Hwy - thru Premier Downs to Rawlinna

''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 404368

Reply By: Navara Navvy - Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:10

Tuesday, Feb 16, 2010 at 12:10
Thanks Mick, The post is just to guage responses at this early stage and I'll post it into trips once I have my itinerary finialized. We plan to wander a bit so the route will be more coutryside/interesting spots rather than the road and for that I need to have a good plan in place.
Appreciate the trip notes (You have set a standard that we need to rise to)and the info so I'll fire off an email today.
AnswerID: 404408

Sponsored Links