Canarvon Gorge

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 16:41
ThreadID: 76123 Views:2788 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Canarvon Gorge wilderness lodge , who has stayed in the cabins and has some information on the restaurant as per meals quality /value /prices ect , not after comments on the walks / scenery / camping , just the resaurant and bar.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stockas - Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 17:36

Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 17:36
Hi... we enjoyed a very nice lunch meal at the restaurant. Just checked my notes and we had Hamburger with chips and salad, price was $20 each. They were large burgers and extremely well presented and tasted great. we dined outside, much nicer. We considered that we got good value, meal and service. This was 2 years ago though, so things may have changed since then.

PS. walks and scenery are good value too!
AnswerID: 404775

Reply By: D200Dug- Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 17:46

Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 17:46
We stayed in one of the Camp tents and it was very pleasant We took our own food and did not eat out, we heard it was good but expensive ( fair enough given the location )

While the walks were interesting the narrowness of the gorge means you retrace your steps to get to almost any location.

It was interesting but I would not go back there again.

Just a personal thing.
AnswerID: 404776

Reply By: oweee - Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 20:36

Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 20:36
I went to Carnarvon Gorge a few years ago - we stayed at Takaraka in a powered site, and the facilities were pretty good from what I can remember? There is not much there, and shop supplies are expensive. The gorge was excellent, but with recent floods, it has been flooded out and looks pretty bare. I recommend you wait until the regrowth comes back, but in general, we enjoyed it. All walks go along the river, and as another person said, you re-trace your steps each day? Have a good one, Owen.
AnswerID: 404808

Follow Up By: OzTroopy - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:12

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 12:12
heh heh .... The last time I was at carnarvon gorge ...

There was some very instructional and descriptive signage at the entry to takarakka "aimed" at daytrippers and tourists .... lol

Nice spot all up ... but its a dead end drive to get there ... and the walks are the same.

Hardly a "natural" environment these days either ... going by the internet promotional info.

Good for a oncer visit in my mind.
FollowupID: 674599

Reply By: Member - Rhondda A (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 21:34

Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 21:34
My husband and I stayed in the cabins and found them excellent. All walks were great but you do tend to backtrack.
we ate in the restaurant, (expensive), but found them to be of good quality.
We would not go back, but only because there are other places to visit.
Worthwhile.
AnswerID: 404830

Reply By: Best Off Road - Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 21:37

Thursday, Feb 18, 2010 at 21:37
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Personal Attacks Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
AnswerID: 404834

Reply By: kev.h - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:33

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:33
We stayed at the Wilderness lodge a few years back had a package deal with all meals included it was great, the meals and service were fantastic, assume its still the same. Expensive? considering where it is and the level of service provided we were happy with the value, have paid more for just a room in the big smoke
Cheers Kev
AnswerID: 404913

Sponsored Links