Free self contained stopover Pinjarra WA.

Submitted: Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:05
ThreadID: 76153 Views:4238 Replies:4 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
The local shire council here has just opened up a grassed area near the Pinjarra Visitors Centre for 24hr and 72hr stopovers for self contained recreational vehicles. There is a sewage dump point nearby.No camping is allowed. On the upside it is close to the town centre and modern shopping and a trip down memory lane for those who experienced the run across the swing bridge at JTC Canungra. On the downside unless you are a train buff, it is close to the Perth /Bunbury railway line and can get soggy underfoot during winter and country markets are held there the second Sunday of the month, spring, summer, autumn. Happy Days, Pauper.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:11

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:11
Sounds good Pauper.

WA is well behind the east when it comes to Dump Points. The South West highway is probably a peaceful run now that the traffic is favouring the new Forrest Highway to Bunbury.

I've seen RVs parked overnight on the estuary end of Dawesville Cut before but I think that is now not available so an alternative in Pinjarra is good to see.

Backwards, anal, Mandurah Council could learn a few things from their cousins in the Murray District.

cheers

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 404926

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:25

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 15:25
That is good news Pauper. I have bashed my head against the brick wall that our Council is for years. WA is way behind when it comes to RV friendly as dump points. I recently noticed that of the dump points listed in Camps 5, there are NO public dump points whatsoever in the entire South West.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 404929

Follow Up By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:56

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:56
Well there might be one M :-o)..... as I recall, there is one quite close to the road at the rear of the visitor info centre in Narrogin - and the nice lady at the counter even invited us to park overnight right by that info centre (more appropriate for motorhomes with gray water tanks I'd say. As it turned out, we moved about 2 km away to the old railway dam site - excellent.
FollowupID: 674657

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:04

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:04
Hi Darian

There probably are a few around the state, as Camps 5 is only up to date when the info was gathered, and only up to the sources they use to provide that info. When travelling in the eastern states it was the best reference we had when planning where to next seek a dump point.

Main Roads are providing them at a few selected 24 hour rest ares in the Pilbara, which is a sensible move.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 674658

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:14

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:14
CMCA has nine SW, wheat belt and mid west towns RV friendly accredited, including Pinjarra. One of the criteria is a public dump point. Some of these show it as being at caravan park, but they may well be a shire caravan parks anyway.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 674661

Follow Up By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:20

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:20
Another recollection surfaces from within the noggin - Esperance of all places doesn't have a public dump point - after 3 days in a CP there, we went out to Lucky Bay for 3 nights - on cruising back through Esperance, the visitor info centre told us we'd have to pay $15 at one of the CP's ! Oh yeah - sure.
FollowupID: 674713

Follow Up By: Cruznoz - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:42

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 10:42
Just to give my home town a plug, Albany has two public dump points. Both of which are regularly used and I am sure, appreciated by the travelers passing through
FollowupID: 674716

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 13:35

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 13:35
Hi Cruznoz

Let everyone know where they are. Camps 5 has only six listed; all at caravan parks, and only one showing available for non guests - with fee applying. Also advise Camps Australia Wide. When we got back, i emailed them a list of variations including additional dump points we had observed.

Hi Darian

I think it is disgusting that Shires are unwilling to provide the basic facility of a dump point; something which should be compulsory in all towns. $15 is a bit steep for a traveller to use, but fair enough to charge from the point of view of the CP operator. We have heard of ES CPs charging the same as a one night camping fee.

Most Shires now provide public toilets in towns, and a dump point should be included. Some Shires even provide free hot showers at their toilet blocks. The Shire of Lake Grace does; we have seen showers at Newdegate and Dumbleyung, and have showered at Newdegate on a couple of occasions. Very welcome when coming in from the East.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 674743

Follow Up By: Cruznoz - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 16:44

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 16:44
One dump point is at the infomation bay as you come into town on the Albany hwy and the other is at a park/ rest area on the foreshore along Princess Royal drive. Both dump points have a water tap next to them and both are free.
FollowupID: 674765

Reply By: Maîneÿ . . .- Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 16:15

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 16:15
When there go have a meal at the pub on the south side of town on the right, sorry don't know it by name, but I do a detour each trip if it's near meal time as the food is fantastic and worth the detour.
No affiliation etc

Maîneÿ . . .
AnswerID: 404935

Follow Up By: cobber - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 16:35

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 16:35
Its the Premier Hotel
FollowupID: 674636

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:31

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:31
Premier,

I believe it's recently changed hands.

Hope the new owners still have Tuesday night lamb shanks and the mixed grill, fantastic.

...... getting hungry now......

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 674650

Follow Up By: Maîneÿ . . .- Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:04

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 18:04
The one I go to changed hands in November last year, so it may well be the PREMIER HOTEL !!

All staff have remained and a few building upgrades will be made to make it a bit more apealing, although I love it just as it is because I only go for the food.

Maîneÿ . . .
FollowupID: 674659

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:07

Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 17:07
Hi Pauper

Can you establish a log in name? You threads come up as "name not found" lumping you in with a number of totally nameless posters.

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 404942

Follow Up By:- Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:10

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:10
Yes Motherhen, I will make that commitment soon. I think I might use the login name of Nameless.Happy Days, Pauper.
FollowupID: 674695

Sponsored Links