Tasmania I on my way 1-3-2010

Submitted: Friday, Feb 19, 2010 at 21:20
ThreadID: 76162 Views:2072 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Thanks to all the members who gave me great information last weekend on my trip to Tasmania -March ,April ,May Well I leave on the first of March2010.will my light weight pop top,from the Sunshine Coast Queensland
I have one more Question.
Will I have any many problems with my little dog who is my little Mate,
Maltese Terrier cross Shih-TZUImage Could Not Be Found
re Camp Sites ,National Parks, are many dog friendly Caravan Parks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - KC (TAS) - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 09:28

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 09:28
Have a bit of a look here, this may help..dog friendly
AnswerID: 404995

Reply By: Member - Norm C (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:14

Saturday, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:14
On the ferry, Pixie will have to be booked on and put in a cage - info is on the 'Spirit' website.

Your biggest restriction will be that she cannot go into any National Park. It would be a pity if you missed the NPs as some of them are beautiful. You will probably be able to find a local solution with some of them - lots of other travellers in the same situation.

Other than that, there are heaps of dog friendly caravan parks and most of the non NP camp grounds permit dogs.

We leave Tassie in a few days at the end of almost 14 great weeks. We have been surprised at the number of people travelling with dogs and how dog friendly most places are. We are currently at Glenorchy Showgrounds in Hobart (going to the cricket at Bellrieve tomorrow). Lots of dogs here.

Have a great trip. Pixie will love it too.

Norm C
AnswerID: 405015

Follow Up By: Member - Johny boy (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 21, 2010 at 23:18

Sunday, Feb 21, 2010 at 23:18
I agree there is not much chance of seeing a Nat Park with a dog,but as mentioned I have never seen so many travellers wih dogs most free camp spots are ok and the camps 5 book will let you know as well,do your self a favour if your able to check out a place clled Myrtel park it is in camps 5 and only cost $3 a night we just left ther today and stayed 4 night great spot.
FollowupID: 674990

Sponsored Links