Troopie Poptop Camper

Submitted: Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:51
ThreadID: 7628 Views:1865 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day
Just got back from the Cape. Great trip, apart from the idiot that tried to do the OTL in a Subaru Liberty AWD. Luckily for his wife and 2 kids he got stuck in the first creek crossing beyond Bramwell Junction. The recovery costs would have been huge further up! " But ..but..it's a 4WD and they go anywhere..." Famous last words spoken through a cloud of clutch smoke!

The other half is getting sick of pulling the camping gear out of the back of the ute (due for replacement due to age etc) every night, so.....

Has anyone had any experience with a Pop-top camper conversion on a Toyota Troopie? We saw lots of Troopie hire vehicles with the permanent high fibre-glass roofs, but they appear to be limited by their hight as to where they can go or get into/under.

I'm interested in performance (both as an off road vehicle and a camper), cost and availability (where can you get one, or where you can get a standard troopie converted in NSW)?

Mario
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Slammin - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:36

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 16:36
Hi Mario, if it was me I would go the poptop for the height restrictions alone but have also wondered why they went the fibreglass in the commercial ones. Maybe less moving parts? Especially with the tourists who seem to roll them every other day!
AnswerID: 32892

Reply By: Member - Ken - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 20:26

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 20:26
Mario

I had a pop top put on my troopie 2 yrs ago.

If you want the details, email me on ken_3149@yahoo.com
AnswerID: 32913

Sponsored Links