fuel guage reading

Submitted: Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:54
ThreadID: 7632 Views:1197 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey there all,

I have a question to all those who have had experience with HJ47 Troopie's.
The factory owners manual for this vehicle states that the fuel tank's capacity is eighty five litres. O.K. If I drive until the guage reaches the empty line and then fill her up to max it only requires in between fifty five to sixty five litres.

I understand that all factory fuel guages are calibrated to work with a reserve capacity in mind, but I think that twenty to thirty litres might be a bit excessive.

I was wondering if anyone has had similar readings or maybe my fuel guage might be working incorrectly. I am thinking of running her dry on the next trip to see what kind of range the factory tank has.

Any advice about running her dry?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brett - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 18:16

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 18:16
I had the same experience with a 82 model troopy. I could drive around all week on empty.

If you intend to run it dry make sure it happens out on the open road and not in the City at 5pm on a Friday.

Don't worry about using the fuel at the bottom of the tank, the pickup is at the bottom any way and the constant movement of fuel means that any crap is sent through to the filter over time.

Cheers

Brett
AnswerID: 32902

Follow Up By: Jim - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 19:36

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 19:36
Thanks for the info Brett.

I guess that given the intended purpose of these particular vehicles they were designed with a big reserve capacity in mind to reduce the chance of running out unexpectantly.

cheers.
FollowupID: 23520

Sponsored Links