100 series 4 speed auto

Submitted: Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 12:13
ThreadID: 7634 Views:1804 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know what adjustments can be made on the electronically controlled 4 speed auto in a 100 series cruiser?? The strange thing is the car seems to shift more logically and more decisively when cruise control is on and it is attempting to maintain a constant road speed.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DOZER- Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:09

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:09
Gday
the only adjustment on these is the kick down cable. In C/Control, ecu tells motor ecu/tells A/T ecu, but out of c/c, A/T ecu relies on throttle input and kickdown adjustment. I would start there.
Andrew wheredayathinkwer mike?
AnswerID: 32873

Follow Up By: daz - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 14:33

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 14:33
Dozer / Brad

Do you know if any guys on the forum have had vibration problems with their 100 series (6cyl auto). Typically buzzy vibration - can be felt through the transfer shift level and accelerator pedal.

I suspected the front driveshaft and took it to Metropolitan Driveshafts here in Sydney and they have told me the shaft is slightly oval and can't be balanced due to this defect.

Trying to work out if this is widespread or not. Have been advised that re-tubing the shaft is the only way to rectify. Toyota will not do anything for me (after stuffing me around for months). Have driven one other vehicle that exhibited the same problem but worse still.

Regards DAZ
FollowupID: 23515

Follow Up By: daz - Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 14:34

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 14:34
By the way - thanks guys for the response re transmission adjustment - appreciated.
FollowupID: 23516

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:18

Monday, Oct 06, 2003 at 13:18
Virtually all new autos are electronically controlled and have an adaptive learning feature IE they 'learn' the way you normally drive - throttle positioning - rate of change etc.. this is on top of their Power and Econ. shift maps. If you want it to shift quicker and cleaner you need to give it a flogging for a short while , this usally re-maps the shift points . It is also worth getting the service techs to check and clear any fault codes in the trans with each service.. Cheers Brad.Life is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 32874

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:08

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 10:08
Daz, don't know about vib problem on that model, but if your driveshaft is out of round and therefore out of balance and can't be re-balanced, get your driveshaft company to write an inspection report ( pay for it and look after them ) and then approach toyota head office customer support with your records of service inspections regarding the problem and your driveshaft report. With all the info you should be able to push them for a replacement under warranty or get them to pay for your mob to do a proper driveshaft. Out of round shafts can whip and fail early as well as being a real pain with vib. problems. Let us all know how you get on. Cheers BradLife is short- but there's always time for a yarda.
AnswerID: 32962

Sponsored Links