ExplorOz National Gathering 2010 - Wiluna

Submitted: Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 16:32
ThreadID: 76362 Views:3494 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Below is a copy of the MM that has been distributed to those who have registered their interest in attending the 2010 National Gathering.

The purpose of this thread is to inform those who have had their membership lapse or are registered visitors of the current status of the gathering.

"This message is being sent to all people who have added their name to the attendees list for the 2010 National Gathering in Wiluna. It is important that we get a clear indication of attendees and for this reason the Members Trips & Gathering page must reflect actual numbers. Names should only appear on this list if you are genuinely planning to be at the gathering June 29 – July 1. If you have entered a comment of “unsure”, or “cannot attend” can you please also remove your name from the list by pressing the ‘Unable to attend’ button. If you intend joining us, but at this point are not quite sure, please update your comments when your travel plans are finalised. If you are definitely coming – great! We look forward to seeing you there and wish you best of luck with your planning."

In addition to this info, can we ask that all attending contact the Gunbarrel Laager to inform them of your camping requirements so they can allocate camping spots. They are extending their camping facilities to accomodate the proposed numbers. We have noted in some of the registrations that there are multiple vehicles accompaning members. These additional vehicles need to be accounted for so that there is enough space allocated.

You will also note in the Gathering notes that Bob Cooper is attending and is going to run 2 seperate workshops. For those who wish to attend one or both of these workshops please contact Michelle via email (michelle@exploroz.com) to register your attendance for the desired workshop. The sole purpose of getting you to register your interest in these workshops is so that Bob can gauge interest and if need be conduct additional workshops as required. This will provide those wishing to attend the workshop "better value for money" with Bob being able to utilise workable group sizes.

The Wiluna Shire is also catering for a group BBQ (food provided), BYO crockery, utensils, cups etc. Due to catering for this day, it is imperative that the gathering page accurately lists all attendees i.e we need total number of people attending per registration. We assume everyone would be interested to attend, however if not, please let us know so we can adjust catering numbers.

Attendee's requiring a full food restock from Gunbarrel Groceries should contact Marilyn (store owner) and make a pre-order to ensure availability. The store is only replenished weekly and it is impossible for them to guage your requirements.

We also require helpers to assist in the running of activities once at the Gathering. EO Member Navigator 1 (Robyn) has also kindly offered assistance in the organising of the Gathering.

I hope you all have a great National Gathering, I am unable to attend (due to work committments) but am still assisting in the organising of the Gathering.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 16:53

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 16:53
Don't forget to moderate yourself off the list if your not going. :-)

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 406172

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 17:00

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 17:00
hehehehehe

I am still trying to get time off work, only when it is totally beyond doubt that I won't make it will I kill myself off.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 675862

Reply By: Member - Serendipity(WA) - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 20:08

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 20:08
Hi Kev

For the camping - is it intended that the majority of people at the gathering will be staying at the Gunbarrel Laager whether in the dongas or bringing their own camping facilities.

Or is there an option for staying in a bush camping site just out of town? If there is a bush camping option do we have to book or pay a fee or is that just a turn up option.

And for a bushing camping option what is the disadvantage or is there no problems.

David

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 406199

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 20:13

Friday, Feb 26, 2010 at 20:13
David,

AFAIK if you contact the Gunbarrel Laager they will be able to explain the different forms of camping available. They have been in consultation with the Wiluna Shire Council to get a large area set aside specifically for the EO Gathering (in other words an overflow area in close proximity rather than the initially proposed 5km away claypan).

For ease of organising activities I think it would be preferable for all attendees to be staying as close as possible to the Gunbarrel Laager.

HTH

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 675896

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 07:30

Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 07:30
Only 120 days to go today LOL

Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 406438

Follow Up By: Member - steve. B... (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 13:49

Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 13:49
Hi Kev... There is an overflow area at Gunbarrel laager for self sufficient campers. If anyone requires a site with the use of shower and toilet facilities, they need to contact Gillian at gunbarrel.laarger@bigpond.net.au ASAP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 676224

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 14:19

Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 14:19
Steve,

Hence the additional info of -

In addition to this info, can we ask that all attending contact the Gunbarrel Laager to inform them of your camping requirements so they can allocate camping spots. They are extending their camping facilities to accomodate the proposed numbers. We have noted in some of the registrations that there are multiple vehicles accompaning members. These additional vehicles need to be accounted for so that there is enough space allocated.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 676227

Sponsored Links