Does anyone have a Polaris T50P Car Navigator ?

Hi
I have been given an old Polaris T50P Car Navigator, about a 2006 mod.
I know it has at least one corrupt file on the CF card.
I would like to set up a new menu system on the unit, but before I do, I would like to confirm that the whole unit works. Polaris does not support file downloads for such an old model. Just wondered if anyone had the same unit, that I could get a copy of the original CF card.
If the unit works I want to try an put this new Menu System but would need a bit of work to alter icon positions etc., (as the Polaris is 320x240 and the Menu System is for 480x272 resolution), it's a lot of trial and error work to alter the program if the unit doesn't work.
I have the 480x240 res. menu system on a CF card, and the unit arks up, as seen below.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
Neil
Image Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member No 1- Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:18

Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:18
2006 and they dont support it?
i'd be jumping up n down
AnswerID: 406474

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:32

Sunday, Feb 28, 2010 at 12:32
Hi No1
They will repair it, if required, for a fee, and supply the latest maps for another fee, but not supply or have avail. for download, the program files, to replace the corrupt file/s.
Luckily, I had it given, I just want to check the unit is working ok before I do some experimentation on the menu system. I have two Garmin units I use all the time, which are great, the Polaris is just for a bit of fun and knowledge with other mapping systems etc. IF it is basically working, without cost ?????
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 676213

Reply By: Craigjackaroo - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 04:11

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 04:11
You could try one of the unlocks on this site to start with

http://xtyler91.webs.com/chinesegpsunlocks.htm

and I belieive there are some good tutorials on this site that may be of assistance

http://www.austech.info/gps/

As for the requested files I am sorry but cannot help.

AnswerID: 406606

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:13

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:13
Hi Craigjackaroo
Thanks for the links, plenty of good information there.
Now just need the Polaris files to check that the unit is actually working, before I put time into a menu/skin conversion.
Thanks
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 676388

Sponsored Links