Suspension Finale.

Thanks to all who helped me make a decision on raising the height of my Prado. I contacted RPM Automotive at Gosford who said my choice of Tough Dog suspension kit was good, though better with Polyairs as well. He then said that Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks and Polyairs were the best I could really get, much better than Tough Dog. Any comments? The Tough Dog suspension, including Polyairs, fitted with wheel balance was around $1670 whereas the Lovells springs, Bilstein shockies and Polyairs fitted and balanced around $1895. I'm going to call him back tomorrow and give him a determination. I have heard good things re Bilstein though. I just need to know if the Bilsteins are worth it. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 20:17

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 20:17
Hi. My reseach so far has found most reports say the Bilstiens are a pretty firm to harsh ride and at present I am looking at the Koni adjustable shocks. I have only looked on this site, lcool and the Prado forum though. Sure gets your head in a spin trying to work out this stuff hey. Bob.

AnswerID: 406756

Reply By: entropy - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 21:19

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 21:19
I have lovells springs, bilstein shocks and polyairs in my Pajero NT SWB diesel. They are a great combination, producing a 60mm lift in the rear and 40mm up front. They have given the Paj a firm (not harsh) ride when no load on, which softens with the camper on the back and a full tank of fuel. Handling is better now than with the original components. I'm not sure what results you might have in a Prado, but I'm certainly very happy with mine.
AnswerID: 406777

Reply By: Off-track - Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 21:36

Monday, Mar 01, 2010 at 21:36
For an extra $225 it's really a no-brainer.

Have a look as well in the LCOOL forum dedicated to Prado's.
AnswerID: 406779

Follow Up By: Member - Bluemetaldaisy (NSW) - Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:58

Wednesday, Mar 03, 2010 at 12:58
Ok, so it's looking like my refined choice of Lovells Springs, Bilstein Shockies and Polyairs wins the day. It better, I already okayed the mechanic to go ahead with the work. My wallet's gonna say: "Ouch!" but I suppose it'll be worth it in the long run, eh? Especially since I want the Prado to be able to handle more of the "rough stuff". Thanks again.
FollowupID: 676892

Sponsored Links