Moisture in Lightforce Reflector Housing

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 09:47
ThreadID: 76474 Views:3166 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have found some moisture in one of my Lightforce 240 Blitz Reflector housings and it has caused the reflector to go black. Has anyone else suffered this problem and what can I do about it?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:36

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 11:36
Take it back and get a replacement. For what you pay for Lightforce, I'd expect nothing less than total replacement. I run el cheapo Narva's that have been drowned so many times I've lost count, and they have no water in them. Surely Narva are not a better product than Lightforce?

Good luck.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 406849

Follow Up By: Peter Horne [Krakka] - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 12:59

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 12:59
Does that mean you wouldn't expect total replacement for your, in your words, el cheapo Narva's. Nothing to do with the price, if it doesn't do what it should it should be replaced no matter $$$$$. Not all Narvas are cheap, some are dearer than Lightforce. Jack doesn't say how old they are, could be 10 years old. Then it would be a case of bad luck.
FollowupID: 676666

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 18:20

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 18:20
Yes, it does mean I would not expect total replacement of my el cheapo Narvas. My el cheapo Narvas were 'el cheapo' Narvas and weren't dearer than Lightforce. They are old (and still water tight as of the last deepwater crossing I did).

I think the following comments tends to suggest that temala may have some success in taking them back.

Happy to swap mine for a set of Lightforce, even if they are cheaper than mine.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 676733

Reply By: Shaver - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 15:10

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 15:10
I had the same problem years ago on SL 240 Blitz hand held. It was mounted on the top of the 4WD in the rain. RL Dennis replaced it free of charge. I think the problem is where the light adjustment screws over the "O" Ring & allows water in if the rubber doesn't seat properly.
AnswerID: 406881

Reply By: The Boss - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 16:19

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 16:19
I had a set and drove through water till they were under a number of times and never had a problem. Then a mate brought them and converted them to HID, they got a little moisture in them and they also went black, very shiny black apparently. Very weird, and yes i would expect a refund, they are still the best lights available though.
AnswerID: 406895

Reply By: temala - Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 16:38

Tuesday, Mar 02, 2010 at 16:38
Thanks guys,
they were on a car I have just purchased. One had a globe missing so I replaced that and that was the one that got the moisture in it. Perhaps I didn't secure it properly.
I have contacted Lightforce Australia to see what they reckon.
AnswerID: 406901

Sponsored Links