bj42 tyres

Submitted: Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 00:36
ThreadID: 7651 Views:2349 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
i am about to purchase a bj42(dont know rim size) and it needs new tyres for roadwrothy, this is my first 4wd. Would someone tell me what the right tyres for one of these beast are. I plan to eventually do anne belle highway and doing some driving in the great dividing range. So i basically want an all round tyre, which is fine in around town aswell. At the moment i am thinking of a BF Goodridge AT. Any advise would be great.

Also a good/place to get them cheap!
Thanks
Aaron (melbourne)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ross - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:12

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 01:12
Congraulations Arron on the BJ 42.I think they are a fantastic vehicle and wish I had one to sit next to my FJ 73. If you dont know the rim size just assume its a 15 inch rim which is pretty common and gives you a huge range of tyres at the best prices.When you go 16 inch the price jumps considerably .As you probably know the BJ 42 is no speed demon so if your budgets tight you can legally fit a low speed rated tyre which are cheaper.The BF Goodrich A/T ,B/stone desert dueller,Yokahama Geolander, Dunlop Grandtrekker are all in the same class and cost 180+ each and will all give you the same service.The Bridgestone Desert Dualler has dropped in price because it is no longer their premier tyre and can be bought at outlets for about 165 each.I cant recommend any where in Melbourne as I havent lived there for 8 years.What I do is decide what tyre I want and get on the phone and keep ringing outlets till I cant get them any lower.You will be surprised at the difference it can save you.
AnswerID: 32947

Follow Up By: floyd - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 14:10

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 14:10
Choose what you want, get a few quotes for the tyres and then call Competition Tyres in North Rd Carnegie/Ormond area. Just west of Poath rd. They will beat any tyre price quoted anywhere in Melb. Have been buying from the old guy there for 18 years and they are the most competitive.
FollowupID: 23584

Reply By: BJ42turbo - Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 18:31

Tuesday, Oct 07, 2003 at 18:31
Good choise of truck, Aaron

Mine originally had 15x7, then i tryed split rims 16x5.5 now I have 16x7.
As for tyres all I would say is avoid retreads..............Dazz
AnswerID: 33022

Sponsored Links