Darling River Run

We are thinking of traveling from Brisbane to Broken Hill the week or two after Easter 2010. We are traveling in a Prado with an off road camper trailer. Maybe coming back to Brisbane via Darling River Run. Does anyone have any knowledge of whether the water coming down from Charleville will be any problem then. Any tips would be most welcome for that area at this time of year.

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Niss42 - Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 17:50

Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 17:50
G'day NNF
I would suggest phoning Police at Bourke & Wilcannia a bit closer to your departure.
I expect the roads to be wet for some time.
We are planning a Darling River Trip about the same time.

Barry
AnswerID: 407417

Follow Up By: Missi C - Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 17:56

Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 17:56
Thanks Barry

This is my first on line forum as you can tell.

We will be checking with Police as you suggested, just hope it all dries out a bit before then.

Missi
FollowupID: 677341

Reply By: DIO - Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 18:37

Friday, Mar 05, 2010 at 18:37
As stated it's a bit far out to be able to know exactly what the conditions might be. Reports in the media suggest that there could still be lots of water making it's way down the Darling and other rivers well into May. As for road conditions, as suggested check with local authorities closer to departure. You could also keep an eye on the road conditions section of this forum Road Conditions Australia. I would also suggest you get into the habit of checking the Bureau of Meteorology web site B.O.M. to see how much rain has been falling and where.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your travels.
AnswerID: 407427

Sponsored Links