Big thumbs up for Cooloola

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 06, 2010 at 15:52
ThreadID: 76610 Views:2283 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Just got back from a very wet week or so in Cooloola and loved every minute up there.
The amount of information I have gleaned from this site prepared me for a very slick visit where no time was wasted and I knew where why what and when we were doing because of it.

Big thank to all you guys who help newbies like me.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:43

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 08:43
Yes it's a great place to go to, we get up there every chance we get, looking forward to our next trip up there.
AnswerID: 407597

Follow Up By: Member - bruce W (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 09:30

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 09:30
Glad you enjoyed your stay.
It is a great part of our country and come again when the weather
clears
Regards
Bruce W
FollowupID: 677522

Reply By: Wizard1 - Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 09:29

Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 09:29
We also discovered Cooloola a couple of weeks ago. Had a break in the deluge and had a couple of decent days of sunshine. We are huge fans, had the in-laws with us and their son. We all loved it, despite the rain

I love how you just pick the site you want along the Teawah section. But you need to get there early.

The beach driving is a no-brainer.

Shame some of the morons can't that can't seem to read the speed limit along the camping area stretch is 50 KPH and not flat out!

Was interested to see how many caravans where camped on the beach.

When it did rain it convinced my beloved that we should get a camper trailer. Got to love wet camping.

We should be grateful that we can still do those things so close to Brisbane.

AnswerID: 407805

Follow Up By: Rob! - Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:20

Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 11:20
It's dispointing that people can't stick to the speed limits. Some people think when they are off road, anything goes. There is also a sign, when you enter the beach, which says that cars MUST give way to all pedestrians.

Oh well, it's those people that will be crying the loudest when the beach is closed to cars for "safety reasons."
FollowupID: 677709

Sponsored Links