Floods along the Hume Hwy Today!

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 18:31
ThreadID: 76644 Views:3515 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Amazingly, driving on the Hume today, we saw flooded creeks and water across the road - Kyeamba and Little Billabong Creeks! Amazing, because for years we have not seen a drop of water in creeks in SE NSW. Hoping it is more widespread - but it didn't reach Gundagai. Am attacihng some pics that may be of interest to some.
MeganImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Warrie (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 18:48

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 18:48
Hi, some very interesting weather today over the Riverina as in lots of rain. As you said, its been years since this sort of rain has fallen. See pic below of todays rainfallImage Could Not Be Found
Wagga 76mm and the red dot is Carabost 110
Warrie

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 407698

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:29

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:29
Hi megan and Kevin,

Wonderful photos and so good to see water in those creeks again after all those dry years. 96mm so far for Wagga today and I see that the Hume is now closed at Holbrook.

There has been a lot of landcare/conservation work done along those creeks so hopefully they will have a new lease on life now.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 407717

Reply By: Member - Michael O (NSW) - Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:42

Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 20:42
My 10 year old son has seen water in the dams on our place in Wagga for the first time today!!!
AnswerID: 407719

Sponsored Links