Suspension Question

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 07, 2010 at 22:27
ThreadID: 76656 Views:2243 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Heard today that when getting a lift there are some things to take note of, firstly for example for a prado, struts/coils front end,shocks/coils rear, on the front I have been told to look at certain rings adjustable on the front strut tower, like bilstein they have the ring so the more weight you add to the front, eg bullbar,winch,duel batt etc you can move this ring up higher which puts more lift back in the front ?? to maintain say a 50mil lift. Is this true or just a sales pitch for say bilstein ?? I dont remember seeing anything like this on the OME I had on the prado before which was supplied by ARB (max on the front was 37m and 50 on the rear after my lift on old prado) If they do have them by adjusting this ring to the maximum lift do you lose wheel travel either up or down ?? Does it affect CV joints ?? Does if affect ride comfort etc. Any advice would be appreciated other then by the people selling the suspension. Regards Steve M
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: MrBitchi (QLD) - Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:41

Monday, Mar 08, 2010 at 08:41
Only some Bilsteins have this feature. I'ts not adjustable once on the car. You position the circlip to give the requires spring seat position BEFORE fitting the spring. You'd have to be Superman to move it once the spring is fitted..
AnswerID: 407788

Sponsored Links