jayco caravans

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 08:33
ThreadID: 76698 Views:3236 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am thinking of buying a Jayco Heritage 21ft. I would like to know when Jayco ceased to manufacture this particular model. Also comments from previous Jayco Heritage owners would be appreciated. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 08:47

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 08:47
The compliance plate on the van should have the manufacture date on it.

Prefer not to comment on Jayco other than to say the dealers keep busy with warranty claims.

Post the question om a Caravan Forum.

AnswerID: 407997

Follow Up By: Member - Don M- Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:58

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 15:58
At least they honour them and don't go broke like the manufacturers of your last van...!!! Come on Graham, don't post provocative comments like that.

Coromal aren't any better, if in fact, as good...!!!
FollowupID: 677973

Reply By: Member - barbara M (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:43

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 10:43
HI Isa Nomads,
We have had 2 Jayco vans and have been very happy with them my husband did run new 12volt wiring back to the car but he did that with our Supreme Getaway as well as for workmanship there is not much dofference between our Jaycos and our Supreme if anything we have had less issues with our Jaycos than ourupreme, hope this helps whatever you do I hope you enjoy the lifestyle
Barb
AnswerID: 408020

Reply By: Member - Teege (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 13:39

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 13:39
Its been my experience that Jayco rely on fixing the faulty things under warranty more than they do on quality control in construction. Perhps they take the view that a lot of people will do the minor jobs themselves and not worry about warranty. Their service managers are certainly well prepared for clients with warranty issues. Have a look at thread 76686

teege
AnswerID: 408047

Reply By: Cruiser 2091 - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 17:45

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 17:45
I cannot speak highly enough of Jayco.

I had leaks around the side windows which I reported but it was inconvenient to have them repaired straight away. The dealer suggested I put silastic around the windows until I was able to take it back for repair.

The silastic stopped the leak and I almost forgot about it but months later when the warranty was soon to expire I took it back for repair.

A few days after i dropped it off for the repair I received a phone call from Jayco ashing me to come in and pick out the colours for my new van. I thought it was a mistake but because there was some slight water stains on the interior panelling they insisted on giving me a new van saying that it was not feasible to replace the panelling.

I never expected this and I was quite prepared to live with the water stains which were barely noticeable.

When I picked up my new van they had also included a Wineguard antenna free of charge saying it was to compensate me for my inconvenience.

I have never heard of this sort of service from any of the other caravan manufacturers.

Best regards, Cruiser
AnswerID: 408095

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 20:47

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 20:47
Hi Isa Nomads. The answer to your Heritage question. They were made till near the end of 2005 so there are probably some that were registered in 2006. The fibreglass model started towards the end of 2004 I think.
You will get heaps of pros and cons but thats what happens when you have 47% share of the market. They must be doing something right. Bob.

AnswerID: 408132

Sponsored Links