Not much money to travel this year....

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 18:51
ThreadID: 76717 Views:2935 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday

As per the title I can only afford a short trip this winter. There’s country to the East of the Flinders Range and north of Yunta that I want have a look at.

Starting at Broken Hill I’m planning to turn off at Yunta then head north to Frome Downs (from there it’s approximately 65Klms to another turn off before heading west through Blinman, where it meets up with the highway to the south of Leigh Creek).

Since I haven’t been in the area between Yunta and Frome Downs, it would be good to get a bit of feedback on the dirt road between these two points.

I’ll be travelling with an off-road Goldstream camper trailer, but it wouldn’t bother me if the camper trailer was stored in Broken Hill for a while.

I suspect the road won’t be all that bad, but it pays to ask.

Regards

Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Outnabout.. - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 18:58

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 18:58
The road is usually well maintained as it is the quickest way to get to Adelaide for people living in the area. However this can alter as with any outback roads subject to lots of rain.
I am sure someone closer by will post an answer on the recent condition of the road.

David
AnswerID: 408110

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 19:30

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 19:30
Thanks Dave

That's pretty much what I thought. I'll check with the locals once I'm up there.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 678017

Reply By: Member- Tony C - Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 21:59

Tuesday, Mar 09, 2010 at 21:59
G'day Kim

I went along that road a while ago now in 2008 and the road was good. Plenty of dips through gullys to watch out for. You've just got to watch your speed so you dont hit them to fast.
Waukaringaruins were interesting. I camped beside the road in a good site just past Nillinghoo Hill before going to Arkaroola and Copley.

Cheers,
Tony
AnswerID: 408151

Reply By: wendys - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 20:57

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 20:57
Towed the off road caravan up that road, on way to Arkaroola. Very straightforward.
AnswerID: 408462

Sponsored Links