one for the d-max owners. Follow up to thread 76639

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 14:25
ThreadID: 76740 Views:2424 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Apparently it's the fuel pump. This has happened to a few of them according to the stealership, they go within the first couple of thousand km's - replaced under warranty then all is good......so they say.
It is interesting to note that I was accused of filling it with petrol instead of diesel and that they wouldn't cover it under warranty.
After explaining to them that it was still the on the first tank of fuel that THEY had supplied and that I had the fuel docket from the sales man stating DIESEL, he changed his story of petrol contamination.
Especially after I offered to pin the docket to his forhead with a large pointy object.
They love to try it on, our car dealers, don't they?

Any way, thats the story. Hope it helps any other D-Max owners if they have a similar mishap.

Cheers, Keith
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 15:39

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 15:39
Hi Stumbly

I wouldn't have offered to pin it to his forehead, I would have just done it. When this little black duck gets angry, 'specially from a d-head from a dealership accusing or suggesting the problem is MY fault... well, stand back!

Hope it all works out well

Cheers, Dave

AnswerID: 408246

Follow Up By: stumbly1 - Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 17:05

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 17:05
I understand dave.
Didn't want to go too far and have an assault charge to top off the week, so I counted to ten, assumed the lotus position and aligned all my chakra's before I did some thing I might have regretted later.
I think what helped was knowing he didn't have a leg to stand on - I had proof, he had vivid imagination.
People that try that sort of thing do deserve a good bashing for basically thinking your stupid enough to believe their rubbish though...
FollowupID: 678189

Follow Up By: D200Dug- Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 22:56

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 22:56
I think I would have asked if I could borrow his stapler for a few minutes.

Hopefully the cops would not arrest you cos they would be laughing so hard :-)
FollowupID: 678252

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 16:51

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 16:51
Hi Keith,
You're lucky you were able to absolutely prove that it was impossible for water to have contaminated your fuel (on your part, anyway).
I wonder how many other poor sods get rejected by dealers using that excuse.
A bit like Nissan and their clutches.
Well done!
Gerry
AnswerID: 408261

Follow Up By: stumbly1 - Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 16:58

Wednesday, Mar 10, 2010 at 16:58
I think it may be a standard response from some dealers - "lets see if we can con them in to accepting liability"
I think I was very lucky to have proof.
FollowupID: 678186

Reply By: Member - TonBon (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 05:24

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 05:24
This has been interesting reading. My DMAX also developed a problem after 7000k's which went away after the dealer cleared the error codes and told me "just a computer glitch". It then resurfaced with a vengeance to the point of being almost undrivable at around 35,000K's. A quick check of fuel sample by my mechanic (Total Care 4WD in Sydney i unashamedly mention) indicated some sort of contaminate, most likely acetone or thinners, in the fuel. After the shocking experience at the dealer the first time, i went straight to Isuzuute head office in QLD and ended up speaking to the GM. He was extremely helpful and that day i got a call from a very contrite dealer here in Sydney saying that Isuzu were sending him a new fuel regulator which would be fitted under warranty. That was done about 500K's ago now and so far no further issues. No mention was ever made of the fuel pump and i don't think they were game to try anything on like blame games.
AnswerID: 408322

Follow Up By: stumbly1 - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:55

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 09:55
Thats very good to hear mate, I hope WA's dealers get their act together.
I was very disappointed to recieve that service after the sales team had been so helpul.
Just to confirm - this was the dealers service centre, not the sales team. The sales man I had been dealing with just about tore the service centre's manager a new fundamental orrifice when I told him what had been going on.
Any future issues and I will take your advice and contact Isuzu Australia.
Cheers, Keith
FollowupID: 678295

Sponsored Links