Ningaloo Adventure with CT

Hi,

We will be heading this way in about a months time, just wondering if anyone has done this trek with a camper tralier in tow? We have a heavy duty off road cavalier. Will we make it through. Also how strict are the station owners on eco loos? We don't have one yet but is this pretty common and do we need to invest in one?

Cheers
Nik
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew L (WA) - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 16:04

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 16:04
Nick,

you dont say what you are using to pull your camper but i don't expect you would have any problems - it is fairly easy going.
Portable toilets can be hired from Ningaloo Station.

leachy
AnswerID: 408403

Follow Up By: Nik & Dee - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 17:35

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 17:35
Sorry Leachy,

92 GQ Patrol 4.2D. We will be doing it as part of our trip around OZ so I wonder how many other places have a loo condition on their property.

Cheers
FollowupID: 678366

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:44

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:44
Nik,

The loo thing is becomming more of an issue all the time but most places that have the requirement generally have a hire option however I would suggest that you contact Phil before you go to ensure they have enough units available and put your name on one. Else go spend the bucks and get one that will fit somewhere in the camper, you will actually find that you will start using it a lot and prefer it over van park loos or even going out in the middle of the night in the dark to do your business.

DM
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 408446

Reply By: greenextreme - Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:42

Tuesday, Mar 16, 2010 at 01:42
Yes, we've towed an offroad cavalier along most of Ningaloo coast without trouble [behind a 110 defender]. You shouldn't have any problem [weather permitting]. Station owners have asked for but not checked our eco/porta loo. IMHO best to carry one if space allows as some sites can get crowded making bush loos hard to find.Cape Range NP has toilets at most camp sites so no need for eco/porta loo in the National Park. Enjoy the trip.
AnswerID: 409025

Sponsored Links