Drivewear sunglasses

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 16:18
ThreadID: 76776 Views:4000 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
HI
Has any one out there been using these driverwear sunglasses.
http://www.laubmanandpank.com.au/lenses/drivewear.html.

They seem a very good but are very dear. Such a clear lense.
They tint to three different types of tint depending on the light

(DriveWear brings together two leading lens technologies, NuPolar polarisation and Transitions Photochromic Materials, to create an entirely new category of lens.)
Lachie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mfewster(SA) - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:27

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:27
I don't know anything about them, but the technology is interesting. Photomic changing lenses are useless as they change colour but block nothing you want blocked. But, the idea of combining this with adjustable polarization, which does block things you want blocked, is interesting. Some optician shops have a device that enables you to read the filtering qualities of different lenses. Paddy Palin outdoor shops (well, the Melbourne one anyway) used to have one you could use to compare different sunglasses and snow goggles. If the L&P shop has this device, it might be worth trying the glasses on it and comparing with some other sunglasses, including the cheap sun cancer brand that I use and have found to be pretty good.
AnswerID: 408442

Reply By: DIO - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:46

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 19:46
Not familiar with the range you mention however if you really want eye protection from UV then you must ensure that the glasses are certified as such. Anything else is a waste of money and potentially a risk to your eyesight.
AnswerID: 408447

Reply By: Member - Ian F (WA) - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 21:29

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 21:29
Hi Lachie,
I enquired about them a couple of years ago and they do them with prescription glasses only problem was they are expensive as you know.
If i was able I would try them.
Ian
AnswerID: 408469

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 22:53

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 22:53
I have a few pairs of Fuglies. As the name implies, they may not win any fashion awards, but they are very practical.

One pair is made from bullet proof polycarbonate (how useful? you might think). They have padded frames, and a head strap.

The other pair has magnifier inserts that allow me to read the instruments when I look down while driving.

Whats more, I believe they are made in Oz.

The price's are very competitive.

Bob
AnswerID: 408485

Reply By: Lachie - Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:50

Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 09:50
Thank you all for your replies .
Those Fuglies look interesting with the by-focals as a cheaper alternative .
Lachie
AnswerID: 408534

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 15:30

Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 15:30
I wear prescription sunglasses and have gone away from the Transition type lens.

They look good in the ads but what most dont realise is that they only go to the darkest tint in DIRECT SUNLIGHT.

When you are driving they are not in direct sunlight and so dont go dark enough

I now wear fully Polarised sunnies and couldnt be happier.
AnswerID: 408574

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)