Nullarbor suspension

I have never been happy with the suspension set up on swmbo 03 wide track Jackaroo Nullarbor. Far to soft and floaty for my taste even after installing hd shocks.
Anyway I got the mobile mechanic to come and service it today, and while chatting to him he suggested we wind it up 10mm. He would mark it with paint and if I did not like it I could wind it back Down.
When I got home from work I took it for a spin arround Mt Panorama and what a transformation, it now handles better then mine, and no float and sway.
This problem seems very common on wide track models as a lot where set up soft.
Cheers Pete
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Keith P (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 21:48

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 21:48
Remember too...now that you have altered the front end geometry...that you now need to have the vehicle wheel aligned as the toe in / out has been altered by lifting it.
HTH.

Cheers Keith
Nothin is ever the same once I own it ...........

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 408477

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 22:21

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 22:21
By only lifting it 10mm I dont think so, only resetting to orininigal setting but will keep an eye on tyre wear anyway. Certainly anymore then this would involve a wheel alignment. We checked from bottom of rim to guard on my 98 Jack then found Sals was sitting 1cm lower
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 678419

Reply By: Member - Axle - Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 19:22

Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 19:22
Look out Craige Lownes, In October.....LOL.

Cheeras Axle
AnswerID: 408604

Follow Up By: Madfisher - Saturday, Mar 13, 2010 at 22:30

Saturday, Mar 13, 2010 at 22:30
Only sat on the speed limit of sixty Axle, that fast enough through the dipper, forest elbow, and the chase to compare how she handles. Swmbo drove it to day and never commented which is good lol
Cheers Pete
FollowupID: 678662

Sponsored Links