caravan storage

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 23:28
ThreadID: 76791 Views:4505 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Welll in a country of fast nothingness I am sure everyone out there who does not have room on thier own land struggles to understand why it is so hard to find a spot of dirt to park your van on when not travelling.

I have just moved to Brisbane from Melbourne and am looking for somewhere to store my van for a reasonable price. I am located in the northern suburbs and dont want to pay a fortune.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions.

Save travelling for anyone on the road!!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Farmboywa - Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 23:43

Thursday, Mar 11, 2010 at 23:43
steen ras, it might be worth trying an over 55s village. They usually have an area set aside for residents vans and boats. Maybe a resident who doesn't have either could rent you their space. Happy Days.
AnswerID: 408492

Reply By: MEMBER Bushbum - Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:11

Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 08:11
This is indeed quite a problem. I have seen vans stored in quite a few storage yards so This may be your best option. I have no idea as to what they may charge but we currently are renting a fairly large storage shed for $45.00 a week so it is not that expensive. Best of luck and I would be interested to hear your solution.
AnswerID: 408518

Reply By: John and Lynne - Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 13:00

Friday, Mar 12, 2010 at 13:00
There ia a huge demand for van and boat storage in the Brisbane area. We live on the southside and found a well organised storage company that charges $130 per month for a secure place - not under cover. The price recently increased from $120. It is 20 mins drive from home and we can access it via our security number 7 days a week. If we take it out for an extended trip they don't charge while it is out as they can let the space easily. This place only has room for 3 vans and is always full. We believe the place is really secure, more so than a suburban home yard would be and the cost is cheaper than buying a house on a larger block with higher rates!
Be prepared to ring a lot of places before you find one with a space! I believe someone was planning a van/boat storage facility near Burpengary north of Brisbane but I don't know if it is operating yet.
Otherwise you could try advertising in your local paper or community noticeboard to see if there is someone with spare space in their backyard that they might rent to you. This could cause issues with access and security and insurance. Our insurance company is happy with our arrangement and so we are covered while the van is in store. Lynne
John & Lynne

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 408555

Reply By: jimbo qld - Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 15:46

Sunday, Mar 14, 2010 at 15:46
We have our van stored under cover at Clifton, about 40k from Toowoomba. The place is called Eastern Downs Storage, and Karen and Vaughn who own the business are very nice people. The storage is also very reasonable. They have a couple of powered sites at the facility for people who get in late or want an early start. They are also offering a laundry so that you can wash linen etc before you leave the van, washing down facilities and a dump point.
AnswerID: 408782

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)