Garmin Nuvi 760 questions

I have the above GPS with a 256Mb SD card and am not too sure where it stores all the waypoint, track and route info ?
Are they stored on the device , if so what folder and what folder for the SD card?

From my checking it appears that the waypoints are duplicated ? on both, the routes are on the SD card and the tracks are on the device. Is this where they should be? What are the folders called for this info ?

I understand that you can have only 10 active routes but you can store more, is that correct? How do you delete routes from the downloaded folder (non active ones) ?

I have a good handle on POI's .

There was a fellow on the group that had a website and was a guru on the Nuvi 760 ... is he still around ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 15:42

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 15:42
Hi Geetee

Probably you are talking about Doug T (NT) being the guru on Garmin Nuvi's.

I have a Garmin but different model, all the info you are asking is in the users manual

Cheers, Dave

AnswerID: 408931

Follow Up By: Member - GeeTee (NT) - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 15:59

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 15:59
Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. I will wait a day and see if Doug answers . If not I will send him a message.
Unfortunately the manual is a bit light on with some info !
FollowupID: 678903

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:12

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:12
GeeTee
G'day, I'm still around , my GPS webpage is not up at the moment, I needed room in my allocated website for other things, I might put it back next week in a smaller setup,
To begin with toss that 260mb card out and get a 2GB and put in it, then you can add a few MP3' as well, direct all your POI's and other map products like T4A.
The tracks and routes are saved in the unit's memory,
Waypoints/POI's will be duplicated if you install them to the SD Card, when you turn the unit on a popup will appear asking if you want to transfer them to the units memory, just touch NO and I think from memory you add a tick in the box so it don't ask again .
There's also a way to save a big heap of room in the units memory, that will be explained on my gps webpage .

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 408936

Follow Up By: That Troopy Bloke (SA) - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:20

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:20
Just on the 2GB card thing, mine is happily running a 16GB SDHC card.
I think the Nuvi has a limit of 2500 or so tracks that it will see.
Memory cards are cheap these days.

Cheers
Glenn
FollowupID: 678909

Follow Up By: Member - GeeTee (NT) - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:40

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:40
Thanks Doug.
I will put a 2Gb card and transfer the info from my old card. Look forward to your website coming up again. It appears as if the routes are on the card and not in the device. I will remove the card and try and write them to the device again !
FollowupID: 678914

Reply By: That Troopy Bloke (SA) - Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:15

Monday, Mar 15, 2010 at 16:15
I don't have my Nuvi 760 handy, but from memory they are stored in the 'Garmin' folder in a file called 'GPX'

Here's a couple of websites that might help you out:

Garmin GPS Tricks, Tips, Work Arounds, Hints, Secrets and Ideas

Garmin Nuvi Forum

Cheers
Glenn
AnswerID: 408937

Sponsored Links