Cutting access to teewah beach

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:33
ThreadID: 76950 Views:4094 Replies:5 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Hi to all Just wondering if the second cutting has been closed .
Regards Mark
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Greg A (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:56

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 18:56
Hi Marcas,

Yes, all blocked with boulders. First cutting was still open last September, but closure is on the cards, I'm told. However, 3rd cutting is now boarded and separated up/down lanes, and much easier.

Cheers,

Greg..
AnswerID: 409253

Reply By: happytravelers - Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 21:15

Wednesday, Mar 17, 2010 at 21:15
Yes as already said, second cutting is closed off, the best way onto the beach is now the third cutting. Sealed road all the way with the new cutting a wide double lane access with a plastic mesh surface right onto the beach, very good! The first cutting is still open, but still narrow and cut up, Third is definitely the way to go.

Jon
AnswerID: 409272

Reply By: Markcas123 - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:05

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:05
Thank's We will be towing a van up the beach and was told that the third cutting was very bad after xmas with a sharp angle onto beach causing lots to get bogged
AnswerID: 409312

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:38

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:38
G/Day All

The Noosa Council are trying to stop vehicles driving past the Northshore Caravan Park on the beach side, I understand they will detour vehicles onto the 3rd cutting heading south, and stop vehicles heading north off the 1st cutting, it's all to do with making it safe for the Caravan Park Patrons on the beach, and in the future you will have to have a Permit to drive past the Teewah Village Area heading north, thats where the Dunes start.

Cheers
AnswerID: 409315

Reply By: Wizard1 - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:39

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 08:39
The subject heading is a little misleading. Access to Teewah isn't cut, just one of the cuttings is closed.

I am not sure what the problem is? There are two other access/egress points. If there were none then there should be reason for concern.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and didn't find a problem with 1st cutting and 3rd cutting looked like a boat ramp.

People were towing caravans through 1st cutting.

Even my inexperienced brother-in-law got onto and off the beach using 1st cutting without a drama.

Teewah is a no brainer as far as beach driving goes.

AnswerID: 409317

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 13:14

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 13:14
Over the past 20 odd years we have been driving up there, I have seen a lot of No Brainers get into difficulty, with their Gunho Attitude.
FollowupID: 679293

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 15:15

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 15:15
"The subject heading is a little misleading. Access to Teewah isn't cut, just one of the cuttings is closed. "

Which bit about the OP subject heading is misleading??
The OP subject heading is "Cutting access to Teewah beach"

I don't see it stating that "all" access is closed just a general enquiry to determine if the 2nd access point is in fact closed.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 679305

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff H (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 17:54

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 17:54
Hi Guys,

I'm not happy with the boarding up of these beach cuttings.

I always like to sit back and watch the drama unfold.

Some people are so inventive when it comes to ways to get bogged on a perfectly good track.

Regards
Geoff
FollowupID: 679324

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 21:32

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 21:32
G/Day Geoff

Yep, I seen people parked near the cuttings, sitting in their chairs in the shade watching the different antics of people getting bogged ect, and mostly the women would stay seated in the 4by while the bloke would be digging the sand out from the diffs or chassis and then somebody would wander over and whisper to him to let his tyres down a bit, then he would be on his way, and there ended his first lesson, and hopefully he gained a bit of confidence.
FollowupID: 679367

Follow Up By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 08:36

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 08:36
Going by your statement that "mostly the women would stay seated" it would be very interesting to watch a vehicle get bogged with a women driver and passenger. Who would make the first move or would they just sit there blocking the track to wait for a man to assist. I would go with the latter.

FollowupID: 679404

Follow Up By: Markcas123 - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:15

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:15
Hi Wizard 1
Thank's for your reply.

I had been told that the 2nd cutting was closed for good and you could only travel south at first cutting to Noosa river.which meant the third cutting was the only access to beach and it use to be a winding path and very soft near the beach after allot of use.The 2nd cutting had a creek that flowed out making the sand hard to the waters edge. The sand driving is a no brainer .Have you ever towed a 2t caravan through the soft sand or just watched in your vechile with high tyre pressures that chewed up the track. But you made it.
Bugger anyone else.

Thanks to all for information regarding access
FollowupID: 679407

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:17

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:17
Hi Patrick

In most cases I have seen men driving on the beach, but if a woman was driving with a male passenger I would imagine the bloke would try to get the vehicle out of the bog, unless he had a handicap or what ever, I have lost count of the number of people I have assisted over the years, mainly vehicles with families ect, I wouldn't help idiots who leave their brains at home, In fact I have even helped women, I remember one time when this group of ladies in hire vehicles, little Suzkis, one got over heated, (the car) anyway they wanderd up to our camp site and asked for help, I got the vehicle going after topping up the radiator ect, and then the other Suzuki wouldn't start so I got that one going as well, most blokes would help other 4by drivers, it's part of the Comradery.
FollowupID: 679408

Follow Up By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:29

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 09:29
Marcus

They have relocated the 3rd cutting and made it easier to gain access on and off the beach, it's very easy now with the vans, only difficult part now is parking the vans further up at the camping areas of the beach.
FollowupID: 679410

Follow Up By: Rob! - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:41

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:41
One important item to note is that when you enter the beach there is signage providing guidance and requirements about driving on the beach. One of those requriements is that cars MUST give way to pedestrians.

Our failiure to follow this rule, is one reason why a section of the beach is being closed to vehicles.

R.

p.s. The other reason is that a developer wants to protect his investment, and we all know how political parties enjoy receiving donations from developers.
FollowupID: 679417

Sponsored Links