Active Slide on Camper

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 14:24
ThreadID: 76973 Views:3941 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are considering purchasing an Active Slide on Camper and were wondering if anybody out there has had anything to do with them. We are looking at the FT1950 model and would be fitting it to a 70 Series V8 Landcruiser tray which would give us approx 450mm between the camper & front of the tray for storage of spare wheels, 2nd. battery & some 4wd gear.
We will be towing a 22ft Evernew caravan which we intend to leave at caravan parks while we go into places that are not suitable for the van.
We have thought about canopies with roof top campers & many other configurations including tents or swags, but still think the idea of a quick & easy setup & pack up appeals to us.
Any ideas or suggestions for or against would be greatly appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Joe - Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 18:11

Thursday, Mar 18, 2010 at 18:11
Sounds like a touring setup to be envied.

But . . . . . . . .

Storage might end up being an issue for you. We keep all sorts of gear in the back of our Patrol (second fridge/freezer, recovery gear, water, chairs etc etc) and while you could stash a lot of this in the camper itself it wouldn't be as easy to get to.

Worth looking into.
AnswerID: 409381

Reply By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:42

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 12:42
We travelled the Gary Junction Highway a couple of years ago at the same time as a couple with one of these on the back of a Hilux. I wouldn't have one after seeing it on corrugated roads. The bouncing of the bed overhang was noticeable and would eventually cause problems.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 409472

Reply By: Tonyfish#58 - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 13:46

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 13:46
A slide on camper and a van?

I thought the idea of the Slide on camper was to replace the use of towing a van

At least that is why we have a slide on.

Cheers
AnswerID: 409613

Sponsored Links