uniden antenna

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 17:11
ThreadID: 7699 Views:2275 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
i have just bought and installed a uh-088 from Prestige Communcations and the antenna (AT470) that came in the package doesn't look or feel very ruggered.
my fear it that it'll snap the first time it hits a low branch!
have any of u used this antenna before?, just to get some feed back before i go and upgrade it?
thanks!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil G - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:47

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 18:47
Buy a rubber stubbie aerial ($12) to go with your round independant base. I use the rubber one 95% of the time - works great on the roof.

Also, if the base is roof mounted, then fit a swing down bracket for when you use the AT470.
AnswerID: 33263

Reply By: shaggy - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:35

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:35
I have had this antenna for a couple of years, and found its reception to be excellent. I can usually pick up people from far away, but when I talk to them they cannot hear me because they cant pick me up from the distance that I pick them up. Anyway, the thing is pretty ugly but functional, and when my uh089 got stolen from my car, they left the ugly antenna, so its like a bonus. It has never looked like breaking, so I still have it. Those whippy antennas, besides being annoying in your line of sight seem to break quicker, as that was what I previously used.
Anyway, why would you bother upgrading a quality antenna? Its more like downgrading, unless its all about vanity, and mine's bigger then yours factor?
Hope that helps
AnswerID: 33275

Follow Up By: mickj - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:47

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:47
thanks for the feed back.

i was only going to up grade it if i found out that it was easily broken but from the sounds of it, that is not the case.

cheers!
FollowupID: 23880

Sponsored Links