Ya still can't please everyone!

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 17:41
ThreadID: 7700 Views:1593 Replies:2 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Further to Dave's post 7539 - about not pleasing everyone....

how's this for a gem...this is from a friend of a friend in Glasgow Scotland, who spent 1 month in Darwin - they were originally coming to Oz for 12 weeks, but flew home on Tuesday....apart from Ayres Rock - I believe they did nothing else!

"my word lass my old ma is 82 and she has more life in her big toe than that lot have put together we hardly got anywhere but we did go to ayres rock one day and thats nothing to write hame about just a big lump of rock"

that's about as good as one of my brothers friends describing the Swiss Alps as "just one mountain after another!"

Lyn [Mrs. Al]Laugh alot..life's too short not to....

Memorial Cross - Mt Macedon Vic

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Eric- Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:13

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:13
Hi Lyn.
For many years I listened to people tell me of the wonderfull Island in Greece called Mikonos . I heared so much about it , that in 2000 we desided to go . You could imagine the look on our face when we came to a barron Island , Just rocks , I wanted the ship to turn around and take me back to the mainland .lol

All that had been before me , kept telling me , hoe there was no island in ozz that could compare. I desided to get them back , I organised some pic's from Green island and a few others around ozz , and took them to these people . they freeked to found out what was in there back yard.

After spending a few days on Mikonos , I got to admire the diffrence culture and senery . Sometimes you need to have a open mind and not expect to much . Venus Bay
AnswerID: 33272

Follow Up By: DODO(bendigo) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:18

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 20:18
gday eric.
nice pics were you just playing or did you get stuck thereRaphus cucullatus
FollowupID: 23831

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 21:09

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 21:09
you're dead right Eric...I enjoy places I visit..because they are different to where I'm from...London was ....noisey, smelly, beggars etc, but,,,I still had a good time..it's what you make of it....Laugh alot..life's too short not to....

FollowupID: 23834

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 23:24

Thursday, Oct 09, 2003 at 23:24
Yes , had to get the X9 superwinch to get me out of strife lol . Came over a ridge to find my mate filming right infront of me , I should have just run him over. lol Venus Bay
FollowupID: 23859

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:19

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:19
A sign I once saw on a wall in a lodge in Durango , Colorado

Definition of A Tourist :
One who travels to another country to see something different and then complains because it's not the same.

Never, ever forgot that and it rings true remarkably often.

Allyn
Where to next ?
AnswerID: 33296

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:40

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 07:40
Coops I agree, I know someone who having just seen the Grand Canyon said "It's just a big hole in the ground"...ehehehehhehe....

I have to admit when I was OS, I was described as a sponge because i was just soaking it all in...i figured I may never get the chance to again...but I did draw the line at black pudding!!!..

LynLaugh alot..life's too short not to....

FollowupID: 23864

Follow Up By: Coops (Pilbara) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:30

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:30
Mother-in-law tried to feed me black pudding (once).

Still not sure how I should take that !!!

p.s. I flew to the very bottom of that hole in the ground and spent a day swimming at the waterfalls with the Havasupai Indians (some of which have never been out of that hole). Unforgettable !!!Allyn
Where to next ?
FollowupID: 23868

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:49

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:49
My mother in law has fed me haggis - but I quite liked it....black pudding - no way...

Sounds like you spent a magic time in that "hole"

LynLaugh alot..life's too short not to....

FollowupID: 23871

Follow Up By: floyd - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 17:19

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 17:19
Lived in Sweden for a couple of months and lived on Black Pudding cause it was about $30.00 for a steak at the butchers (in 1986). The best way to cook it is to slice it up into "coins" about an inch thick, fry ligtly on both sides in a bit of oil and serve the slices hot with raspberry jam spread on them like you would on a piece of toast. Delicious.
I am getting all excited thinking about it. I am even getting the memory of its taste in my head as I type.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Black Pudding. Gotta try it.
FollowupID: 23906

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 17:37

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 17:37
Floyd...

I know this will sound crazy, given that I said that I like Haggis...but it's what it's made of that I can't get my head around, let alone my stomach....lol..Laugh alot..life's too short not to....

FollowupID: 23910

Sponsored Links