New van with triple bunks offset?

I am currently in the market for a family van that contains a double bed and 3 bunks. I have had a look at many and all have the triple bunks on top of one another and therefore have very little head room for my growing children. I have seen an old van which had 2 bunks on one side but then a third bed facing 90 degrees to these across the back of the van. This means that only the feet section overlapped all three and each bunks had plenty of head room if the kids wanted to sit up etc. Under the third bunk was draws etc. Are there any caravan makers still making this sort of configuration as I wish to buy new if possible. I cant find anyone building this style any more...

thanks in advance.

Gary

Note. I am based in Melbourne.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Notso - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 16:52

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 16:52
I think if you went to jayco or one of the manufacturers they would do the bunks whichever way you wanted em.

AnswerID: 409499

Reply By: PradOz - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 17:48

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 17:48
At last years van show at rosehill sydney there was a van similar in design to a windsor rapid/jayco expanda that had 2 sets of double bunks in it as well as the front bed and bathroom at rear. Cant remember brand - maybe roadstar? or paramount? I just cant remember whobuilt it but remember that my son and i thought it was a great van with plenty of inclusions and looked like a quality van. Remember it wasnt cheap, and think they had two different layouts. sorry cant be more specific, maybe worth looking at van shows if you are in an area near one, cheers....
AnswerID: 409509

Reply By: suepajero - Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 20:27

Friday, Mar 19, 2010 at 20:27
Hi Gazza, have a look at www.drifaway.com.au look under the Bull Ant caravan ,the bunks are great set up i have seen this van when we got our van built by them which we are very happy with price and workmanship they are based in Geelong no affilition just happy custormer good luck Cheers Sue
AnswerID: 409523

Follow Up By: GazzaFish - Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 19:27

Sunday, Mar 21, 2010 at 19:27
This is exactly the bed layout i was looking for. Thank you. I will go visit them in the next week or two and have a look.

Many thanks.

Gary
FollowupID: 679742

Sponsored Links