Kalgoorlie to Warakurna

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:24
ThreadID: 77029 Views:3716 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All at E Oz
Went to Warakurna to work last week for three days so i thought i would give a road report and some pic's for anyone interested, the road to the WA boarder is in very good condition and we got 26 mm of rain while we were there and the road was still in good nick. Fuel price for ulp was Laverton $1.48 Tjukayirla $ 1.80 Warakurna $1.90.Along the road thay have put signs called the Outback Way to show attractions eg. rockholes, walks and camping.
Seen only few camels they have been culling them. We stopped and camped at Yarla Kutjarra 150km west of Giles it was a good place stop with covered area and toilet. Went to the top of Rawlinson Ranges, they are right behind the Giles weather station well worth the drive.
Hope the pic's have right discription
Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:50

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:50
Thanks for the pics and report,
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409609

Reply By: Mick O - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 13:49

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 13:49
Thanks for the report and pix. Didn't take notice of the diesel prices by any chance?

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 409614

Follow Up By: Member -Paintar - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 14:39

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 14:39
Between 10- 20 cents Lt cheaper
FollowupID: 679537

Reply By: Bob of KAOS - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:35

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:35
Mick

Your photo reminded me.

Late one night out near Boulia we found ourselves looking for a camping spot in the pitch dark. We finally found some flat ground, just rolled the swags out and climbed in.

After a while I heard a sort of scratching on the canvas on my swag. I turned on the torch and shone it around to find dozens of the biggest centipedes I had ever seen (like the ones in your photo Mick) crawling around and on the swags.

It didn't take long for some of us to zip up our swags, and some others to transfer into the vehicles.

On recounting this (six inch long centipedes as thick as your finger) to my wife the next evening when we got home you could see the look on her face that said "Bob, you bull.... artist".

However, her scepticism turned to belief when she found one in my clothes bag the next day.

Bob

Bob
AnswerID: 409627

Sponsored Links