A million visitors - Congrats all the Exploroz bloggers.

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 12:58
ThreadID: 77030 Views:3305 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
The Exploroz blog site quietly passed a milestone yesterday. Sometime on Friday afternoon the millionth visitor logged onto an Exploroz blog for a read. 195 members have posted 1505 blog entries covering travels across every part of the country, camping tips, photographs, technical expertise and some rough and ready remedies to outback problems.

John and Val’s blog on electricity for Camping has attracted over 10,000 reads and they are approaching 40,000 hits on their collection where as David and Michelle’s offerings have passed the 100K mark. My tall tales and true (everyone of them true, I swear) have over 200,000 reads now and just imagine how many great photos are stored away in the archives. The blogs have been linked to relevant “places” on the site for some time now making for much richer detail when trip planning . For anyone who ever wanted their own website but didn’t have the time of know how (like me) this is the next best thing.

Congrats to everyone who’s been posting and to the Exploroz tream. A great feature.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jack - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:04

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:04
Are they the "Dream tream"?

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 409624

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:13

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:13
Yes Mick is great site to be a member of, and like you I would never bother having my own website.

I love keeping my blogs when we are on the road, and adding pics. Cant wait until we start travelling again - in around a months time if all goes to plan. I will have to start reading up on other membersblogs about some of the places we are planning to visit this year.

My blogs are nowhere near the top entries but I still get a buzz when someone along the way mentions them or knows of me because of my them.
I met my first ever EO member the other day here in my home town which was also exciting - a young WA man who is travelling around the country and working in the local RV repairs place.

Cheers,
Heather G
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409626

Follow Up By: Mick O - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:23

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 15:23
It's an envious life you lead too Heather. You have some great photos amongst your blogs and some great trips as well (I've always loved the Flinders). I'm always envious of the quality shots people add to their blogs.

It's amazing how many people you run into along the way who know the site, especially when travelling. I'll have another three months worth to add this year as well.

Cheers Mick

Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 679541

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 16:07

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 16:07
Quite an achievement but I have found a site with Blogs, adventure and alike, that rivals this one. Its easy to navigate and they people are really friendly.

try www.4WDAustralia.com.au and see if you dont agree.

Sometimes we need to broaden our views, ;0)

All the best, both sites are outstanding anyways.

Bonz
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 409629

Follow Up By: Mick O - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 16:31

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 16:31
Ha Ha Ha. Someones been aquiring domain names methinks. A good site indded Bonz.
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 679545

Reply By: equinox - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:14

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:14
Hi Mick,

I wonder who is actually viewing all these blogs???

Certainly there would be probably a majority from Australia, however I would be interested to know whether there are any other countries where there are many views from people who are planning a trip in Oz.

Anyway, yes it's a very good feature of Exploroz - a good way to tell your story!!

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 409683

Sponsored Links