Maps and books

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 18:47
ThreadID: 77037 Views:2410 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've just bought the Camps Australia wide 5 and the Hema maps for Cape York and Savannah Way. Wow there is so much info in one place it's great.
I'm planing a 3 month trip upto the Cape then travel along the Savannah Way. I highly recommend these Maps and Camps Australia 5, If your looking at travelling on a budget this book helps
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:01

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 20:01
Even more comprehensive than Camps 5 but only available for WA and NT is Jan Holland's Priceless Campsites and Rest Areas series. These have, in addition to descriptions of camp sites and clear instructions to find them, lots of practical tourism advice. I used them as a base for planning what to see, as well as finding a few nice out of the way spots to pull off for the night that weren't in Camps 5. We used Camps 5 in other states and really missed Jan's tourism advice. Usually with Camp 5 sites, you can expect others to be there, but not always; we had some to ourselves. All these books can be purchased from the ExplorOz bookshops as well as a variety of other outlets.

We try and find a spot for ourselves, but don't have to panic if nothing comes up at the right time, as there is always somewhere from Camps Australia Wide to check out.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 409659

Follow Up By: justmyage - Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:59

Saturday, Mar 20, 2010 at 22:59
Totally Agree Motherhen.
First thing we did when we arrived in WA was buy Jan's books to compliment our Camps 5 book .
Geoff
FollowupID: 679628

Sponsored Links