Rear end lift for 1995 4Runner

Submitted: Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 02:02
ThreadID: 7709 Views:1655 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
There has been some discussion before on rear suspension mods on 4Runners

"On Friday, August 22, 2003 at 13:27
BW posted about Shockies - (PostID: 6755)"

"Member - Nick (TAS) replied to the question
BW,just come back from an 18000km around Aust. trip on some of the roughest roads in our 4RUNNER with OME shocks fitted and they were superb.We also had Polyair bags fitted which did a good job of keeping us level while loaded."

From what I can work out, much of this chat is about leaf springs. My 95 4Runner has coils. Do polyairs work with that? Can you fit stronger springs? I'm working from a distance here, but trying to get my ideas straight before arriving back in Aus next month. I then want to update my 4Runner quickly.Joey&Verna
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: mickj - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:42

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 10:42
hey joey
i to have a 95 4runner!
a couple of months ago i had the heavy duty old man emu coils and shocks from ARB fitted and so far have had no problems.
the new coils gave me a 2inch lift.

even when the car is loaded and towing a boat it still sits up high.
hope this helps.
mick.
AnswerID: 33317

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 15:31

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 15:31
Joey,our 4Runner is a 95 model(coil rear) and we have OME800DS springs in rear giving approx. 50mm lift.This holds rear end up nicely unloaded and the airbags help while loaded.
AnswerID: 33429

Follow Up By: Member - Joey- Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 18:32

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 18:32
Thanks Nick. I hoped you'd pick this up. And thanks mickj too. I live in Scotland, and keep the 4 Runner and a Heaslip trailer in Aus, so I'm trying to get what I need sorted out at a distance.

You talk about the airbags as if they were part of the system. Do they come with the OME800DS springs, or are they separate? If they are separate, do they fit inside the springs or somewhere else? And do ARB supply them too? Is the mod practical to fit yourself?...assuming spring compressors.

(We were in Tas for two weeks last year, but this year it's Melbourne to Ningaloo or bust!)

Joey&Verna
FollowupID: 24006

Follow Up By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 20:41

Saturday, Oct 11, 2003 at 20:41
Joey,the airbags(Polyair-Airbags) come seperate and fit inside the original springs(you have to remove the top bumpstop but the fitting instructions are pretty good)It took me about an hour a side to fit but there is a large hole to be drilled(32mm or so by memory)where the bump stop used to bolt on.There is limited room to fit a drill and drill bit in so I used the gas to cut the hole in.I believe most ARB outlets sell this product.
FollowupID: 24009

Sponsored Links