Compressor Problems

Submitted: Monday, Mar 22, 2010 at 23:06
ThreadID: 77105 Views:2239 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone had problems with the Blue ARB Compressors with the little tank on them. I did one in 5 mths after purchase with it leaking water inside it, ARB replaced this under warranty.

I am off on a small trip for 10 days starting easter weekend, so was just checking everything and flicked the Compressor switch and a half sec run and grrrrrr it locks up tight.. I thought water again and with time getting short I decided to open it up and clean it out.

Well no water, the piston has moved inside the bore to about 5deg and the bottom end bearing nips up on the shaft. I can free it up but it keeps doing it and the bore is all scored from the piston edge. Spoke to ARB and they do a Piston Kit for around $25.00, so I was happy it wasn't going to cost heaps, but then thought, why would they have a piston kit if its not a common problem. My Old compressor lasted 7 years until I gave it to a mate and he has had it for 2 years, never needed a repair in all that time??

Maybe it has a repair kit because its a common fault???

PS should have the parts in the morning and fixed, so ready for the trip, but I do now worry about long trips away from shops...Hmmmmmm

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Doddgey - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:10

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 08:10
Hi Blaze,

Brother and I have had ours for two years and never had any problems ( fingers crossed )

Cheers

Doddgey
AnswerID: 410001

Reply By: JR - Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 09:20

Tuesday, Mar 23, 2010 at 09:20
Old model had the kit too, its the major wearing part.
AnswerID: 410017

Sponsored Links