Weekend Snow Report for Truckster

Submitted: Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 15:32
ThreadID: 7716 Views:1480 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Truckster and friends. I am at Buller today and can report that the snow has been falling since 11.00 last night and has fallen down to 600 metres (my house). There has been about 5 inches of fresh snow up above 1000 metres so Mt Skene will have had a good frosting today. It should be fun for the weekend snow run. I cannot see Skene from here today as the clouds have consumed us.

Make sure that all Diesels get Alpine Diesel from Mansfield as the temps at 600 metres are zero and up here at 1600 metres it is currently minus 5. All diesels only last about an hour before the fuel turns to gel up here when it is cold. Once Gel it is a tow down to warmer climate and a fuel system bleed. The only service station to carry diesel all year in Mansfield is the Shell which is on the Buller/Jaimieson rd

Also for skiers there is free entry to the Buller Resort all weekend and free shuttle buses to get you around the village. For people wanting to ski on Sunday then it is free to anyone that has a piece of clothing with Collingwood colours on it. Socks, beanies, jackets, dacks etc... Would be a really cheap days skiing for the family. Just go to K-mart and buy a few $10.00 collingwood hats and get a whole day free skiing.

I dont work for them so I get nothing out of this but the pleasure of a few 4WD families having a cheap day in the snow.

Have a good snow run. I will listen out on 25 and sa gidday. Floyd
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:46

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 21:46
:) Sweet....

Thanks for that dude.
AnswerID: 33392

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:54

Friday, Oct 10, 2003 at 22:54
Cooling wood for free skiing HMMMMMM
naaahhhhh cant bring myself to do it.
maybe a soccer guernsey?